What is FEATool Multiphysics?
FEATool is a fully integrated multiphysics modeling and engineering simulation environment for Matlab and Octave, featuring built-in CAD and geometry tools, preprocessing and grid generation, solvers, and postprocessing and visualization.
Several predefined physics modes are available which easily can be combined to set up of different multiphysics simulation problems including fluid flow (computational fluid dynamics CFD), heat transfer, structural stresses, electrostatics, reaction and transport of mass and chemical species. Moreover, users can also specify their own custom equations and physics modes.
FEATool is completely written in Octave and Matlab m-script source code, and is fully documented with over 50 model examples and tutorials. Moreover, the Matlab FEM function library is fully documented, open, and designed to be easy to use. This approach makes FEATool extensible, adaptable, and customizable to each users needs.
- Geometry modeling in 1D, 2D, and 3D.
- Automatic unstructured grid generation on complex geometries with triangular and tetrahedral cells.
- Linear, triangular/tetrahedral, and quadrilateral/hexahedral cells with several constant, 1st-5th order conforming and non-conforming FEM basis functions.
- Stationary and time-dependent linear and non-linear solvers.
- Built-in postprocessing and visualization including boundary and subdomain integration, and also sharing data on-line with Plotly.
- Support for external solvers, grid generation (with for example Triangle) and postprocessing tools directly callable from the GUI.
FEATool Multiphysics Desktop Screenshots and Videos
FEATool Multiphysics Features
FEATool Multiphysics information
- Developed byPrecise Simulation
- LicensingProprietary and Free Personal product.
- PricingOne time purchase (perpetual license)
- Alternatives38 alternatives listed
- 295 Stars
- 74 Forks
- 1 Open Issues
Our users have written 1 comments and reviews about FEATool Multiphysics, and it has gotten 6 likes