FEATool is a fully integrated multiphysics modeling and engineering simulation environment for Matlab and Octave, featuring built-in CAD and geometry tools, preprocessing and grid generation, solvers, and postprocessing and visualization.
Several predefined physics modes are available which easily can be combined to set up of different multiphysics simulation problems including fluid flow (computational fluid dynamics CFD), heat transfer, structural stresses, electrostatics, reaction and transport of mass and chemical species. Moreover, users can also specify their own custom equations and physics modes. More Info »
FEATool is completely written in Octave and Matlab m-script source code, and is fully documented with over 50 model examples and tutorials. Moreover, the Matlab FEM function library is fully documented, open, and designed to be easy to use. This approach makes FEATool extensible, adaptable, and customizable to each users needs.
- Geometry modeling in 1D, 2D, and 3D.
- Automatic unstructured grid generation on complex geometries with triangular and tetrahedral cells.
- Linear, triangular/tetrahedral, and quadrilateral/hexahedral cells
with several constant, 1st-5th order conforming and
non-conforming FEM basis functions.
- Stationary and time-dependent linear and non-linear solvers.
- Built-in postprocessing and visualization including boundary and
subdomain integration, and also sharing data on-line with Plotly.
- Support for external solvers, grid generation (with for example
Triangle) and postprocessing tools directly callable from the GUI.