Local by Flywheel Alternatives
XAMPP is a completely free, easy to install Apache distribution containing MariaDB, PHP, and Perl.
Suggest and vote on features
- - XAMPP is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to Local by Flywheel.
- - XAMPP is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Local by Flywheel.
ServBay is designed as an intuitive, easy-to-use, local web development environment, ideal for web and PHP developers, especially those working on macOS. It brings together a comprehensive range of web development tools and services, including web servers, databases, programming...
A lightweight, fast and convenient modern LAMP Server with Redis and Memcached, extremely high performance. Laragon'll turn your computer into a powerful server in a minute so you can host Wordpress, Joomla, Magento, Drupal, and Prestashop quickly and effortlessly.Suggest and vote on features
Lando is a free, open source, cross-platform, local development environment and DevOps tool built on Docker container technology and developed by Tandem.Suggest and vote on features
- Ad-freeLando doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsLando can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- LightweightLando consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Command line interfaceLando either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
InstantWP is a complete standalone, portable WordPress development environment. It will turn almost any Windows or macOS machine into a WordPress development server. It will even run from a USB key.Suggest and vote on features
No release since 2018. The developer doesn't seem to answer bug reports and issues on GitHub anymore, and the used port (10080) is now blocked by default on modern browsers (see https://github.com/webtoolsgroup/InstantWP/issues/103).
WordPress Portable is a free program for Windows that automatically ships with everything needed to run WordPress locally. All you need to do is to extract the package contents on your system after download and start the WordPress Portable executable afterwards.Suggest and vote on features
WordPress Portable Features
- PortableWordPress Portable can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
The project is no longer developed. Last version, 3.5, can be still downloaded from the Box link on the official website
1ClickWP is a powerful open-source tool that allows you to effortlessly create WordPress sites with just a single click. Whether you need a single WordPress site or a multisite network, 1ClickWP has got you covered.Suggest and vote on features
Valet is a Laravel development environment for Mac minimalists. No Vagrant, no hosts file. You can even share your sites publicly using local tunnels. Yeah, we like it too.Suggest and vote on features
Laravel Valet Features
Theme Juice is a powerful Mac app that creates local WordPress sites with just a click.
- - Theme Juice is the most popular commercial alternative to Local by Flywheel.
Pressmatic is a robust local WordPress manager for Mac. All sites are isolated in individual Docker containers.Discontinued
Pressmatic is now Local by Flywheel , it was acquired.