What is LibreOffice?
LibreOffice is a free and open-source office suite that is compatible with other major office suites, and is available on all operating systems. It is an independently-developed version of the OpenOffice.org suite.
The office suite includes:
LibreOffice - Writer, a word processor with similar functionality and file support to Microsoft Word . It has extensive WYSIWYG word processing capabilities, but can also be used as a basic text editor.
LibreOffice - Calc , a spreadsheet program, similar to Microsoft Excel . It has a number of unique features, including a system which automatically defines series of graphs, based on information available to the user.
LibreOffice - Draw , a vector graphics editor and diagramming tool similar to Microsoft Office Visio . It provides connectors between shapes, which are available in a range of line styles and facilitate building drawings such as flowcharts. It also includes features similar to desktop publishing software such as Scribus and Microsoft Publisher .
LibreOffice Desktop Screenshots and Videos
- Ad-freeLibreOffice doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Works OfflineLibreOffice can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsLibreOffice can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Spell CheckingLibreOffice can detect and correct all types of grammar and spelling mistakes.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in LibreOffice without registration.
- Dark ModeLibreOffice supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- PortableLibreOffice can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- No TrackingLibreOffice will not track you or use your personal data.
- LightweightLibreOffice consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- WYSIWYG SupportLibreOffice integrates a WYSIWYG editor to edit the look and content of a document, page, or file.
- Privacy focusedLibreOffice is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- Import CSV DataLibreOffice can import data from a CSV (Comma seperated values) file.
- Compatible with Microsoft Office
- Print to PDF
- Export to Word
- Multiple languages
- Built-in PDF converter
- Export to PDF
- Export to office formats
- Digital Painting
- Arabic Support
- Convert Word documents to PDF
- Export to CSV
- Flow diagram visualisation
- Mail Merge
- Facilities Management
- Google Drive integration
- Developed byThe Document Foundation
- LicensingOpen Source and Free product.
- RatingAverage rating of 4.4 (128 ratings)
- Alternatives53 alternatives listed
- News5 news article related to LibreOffice
Our users have written 98 comments and reviews about LibreOffice, and it has gotten 2864 likes
Comments and Reviews Post a comment/review
LibreOffice platform details
Document Viewer App