- Duplicati is a backup client that securely stores encrypted, incremental, compressed backups on local storage, cloud storage services and remote file servers. The Duplicati project was inspired by Duplicity and had similar functionality until 2008.
- Free • Open Source
- Time Machine is the breakthrough automatic backup that’s built right into Mac OS X. It keeps an up-to-date copy of everything on your Mac — digital photos, music, movies, TV shows, and documents. Now, if you ever have the need, you can easily go back in time to recover anything.
- Free • Proprietary
- Duplicacy is a new generation local and cloud backup tool that supports cross-computer deduplication. It is free for personal use and source code is available to commercial users.
- Freemium • Open Source
- Comodo Time Machine (CTM) allows non-commercial users to quickly restore their entire system to an earlier point in time (including the registry, critical operating system files and user created documents).
- Free Personal • Proprietary
According to the Comodo Team, CTM is still in development, but the old version was removed from the official website. Latest version, 2.8.155286.178, released in July 2010, can be still downloaded from the official forum.
- Get Backup is a native Mac OS X backup software utility. This program is a simple and efficient tool for creating personal backups, suitable for both beginners and pros.
No screenshots yet
- Paid • Proprietary
- Nero BackItUp protects your files and memories on your PC or laptop. Have your filed automatically backed up on up to 3 locations, such as USB hard disks. All you need to do is click one button to set up your backup.
- Freemium • Proprietary