Duplicati is a backup client that securely stores encrypted, incremental, compressed backups on local storage, cloud storage services and remote file servers. The Duplicati project was inspired by Duplicity and had similar functionality until 2008.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Duplicati is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to LBackup.
- - Duplicati is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to LBackup.
- Incremental BackupDuplicati supports incremental backups (only back up the changed or new-added data since the last backup).
- Schedule BackupDuplicati supports scheduling of your backups at specific times or intervals.
- Automatic BackupDuplicati will automatically back up your data periodically.
- Encrypted BackupDuplicati uses encryption algorithms to keep your files safe as well as prevent unauthorized access.
- File VersioningDuplicati has a version system that lets you view and go back to older versions of the project/file/document.
- Ad-freeDuplicati doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- AES-256 EncryptionDuplicati has AES-256 Encryption, i.e. very strong security.
- Cloud SyncSync your data (notes, documents, bookmarks, etc.) across your different devices and to the cloud.
Time Machine is the breakthrough automatic backup that’s built right into Mac OS X. It keeps an up-to-date copy of everything on your Mac — digital photos, music, movies, TV shows, and documents. Now, if you ever have the need, you can easily go back in time to recover anything.Suggest and vote on features
Time Machine Features
- Automatic BackupTime Machine will automatically back up your data periodically.
- Differential BackupTime Machine supports differential backups (only back up the changed or new-added data since the last FULL backup).
- Incremental BackupTime Machine supports incremental backups (only back up the changed or new-added data since the last backup).
- Schedule BackupTime Machine supports scheduling of your backups at specific times or intervals.
- File VersioningTime Machine has a version system that lets you view and go back to older versions of the project/file/document.
- Encrypted BackupTime Machine uses encryption algorithms to keep your files safe as well as prevent unauthorized access.
Déjà Dup is a simple backup tool. It hides the complexity of doing backups the Right Way (encrypted, off-site, and regularly) and uses Duplicity as the backend.Suggest and vote on features
Déjà Dup Features
- Schedule BackupDéjà Dup supports scheduling of your backups at specific times or intervals.
- Encrypted BackupDéjà Dup uses encryption algorithms to keep your files safe as well as prevent unauthorized access.
- Incremental BackupDéjà Dup supports incremental backups (only back up the changed or new-added data since the last backup).
Back In Time is a simple backup tool for Linux, inspired by "FlyBack project".Suggest and vote on features
Back In Time Features
Duplicacy is a new generation local and cloud backup tool that supports cross-computer deduplication. It is free for personal use and source code is available to commercial users.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Duplicacy is the most popular commercial alternative to LBackup.
Comodo Time Machine (CTM) allows non-commercial users to quickly restore their entire system to an earlier point in time (including the registry, critical operating system files and user created documents).Suggest and vote on features
Comodo Time Machine FeaturesDiscontinued
According to the Comodo Team, CTM is still in development, but the old version was removed from the official website. Latest version, 2.8.155286.178, released in July 2010, can be still downloaded from the official forum.
Cronopete is a backup utility for Linux, modeled after Apple's Time Machine. It aims to simplify the creation of periodic backups.Suggest and vote on features
rsnapshot is a rsync based backup utillity, providing filesystem snapshot functionality. It can take incremental snapshots of local and remote filesystems for any number of machines.Suggest and vote on features
FBackup is a free backup software for both personal and commercial use. It protects your important data by backing it up automatically to any USB/Firewire device, local or network location. The backed up data can be either compressed (using standard zip compression) or an exact...Suggest and vote on features
File History protects files from within the libraries, desktop, favorites, and contacts folders and creates copies of the files. in any event of a system refresh, reset or crash the files that were backed up via File History can easily be restored.
Backer is a visual front end to the rsync command. It allows the user to select multiple folders and back them up to multiple locations. It stores your backup settings for you so that all your backups can be run easily using a single button click.Suggest and vote on features
Simple system backup and restore application with extra features. Systemback makes it easy to create backups of system and users configuration files. In case of problems you can easily restore the previous state of the system. There are extra features like system copying, system.Systemback has no features, suggest some!Discontinued
The project is no longer developed and supported. Last version, 1.8, released in May 2016, can be still downloaded from SourceForge.