What is Duplicacy?
Duplicacy is a new generation cloud-backup tool supporting 5 major cloud-storage providers (Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, Microsoft Azure, Dropbox, and Backblaze), as well as local disks and SFTP servers (such as Mac/Linux computers or NAS boxes). Duplicacy is the only cloud-backup tool that offers all the following 7 essential features:
- Incremental backup: only back up what has been changed
- Full snapshot : although each backup is incremental, it must behave like a full snapshot for easy restore and deletion
- Deduplication: identical files must be stored as one copy (file-level deduplication), and identical parts from different files must be stored as one copy (block-level deduplication)
- Encryption: encrypt not only file contents but also file paths, sizes, times, etc.
- Deletion: every backup can be deleted independently without affecting others
- Concurrent access: multiple clients can back up to the same storage at the same time
- Snapshot migration: all or selected snapshots can be migrated from one storage to another
Duplicacy also comes with an elegantly designed GUI that features one-page configuration to allow you to quickly set backup schedules and retention policies. You can also easily configure advanced options such as email notifications, automatic start on logon, and exclude/include patterns.
Best of all, Duplicacy is completely free for personal use, without any adware or any limited features. For commercial use, the subscription cost is extremely low -- only $2 per month for each computer.
- 4,398 Stars
- 309 Forks
- 305 Open Issues
Comments and Reviews
Said about Duplicacy as an alternative
Very efficient. Its lock free technology is great and the deduplication across computers makes it incredibly fast.
This is the most frequently recommended alternative to Arq on the Arq Reddit discussion board.