What is Keypirinha?
Keypirinha is a fast launcher for keyboard ninjas on Windows.
- Quickly find and launch plethora of items like applications, files, bookmarks, URLs, sessions (PuTTY, WinSCP, FileZilla), registry keys, ...
- Launch a search on any configured website or online dictionary
- Language translations on-the-fly
- Evaluate mathematical expressions
- Convert numbers
- Base conversion of numbers
- Launch a copied URL directly (http, mailto, skype, ...)
- Split a URL and convert its arguments to JSON
- Switch to a running application by name
- Hash a string (CRC32, MD5, SHA, ...)
- Generate random UUIDs, passwords, bytes sequences
- Naturally associate a keyword to a specific item
- Machine-specific and/or user-specific configuration
- Freeware, no nag screen, no time limit, no ads
- Customizable GUI (colors, fonts, toggling and positioning of elements)
- Lightning fast
- Fairly small memory footprint
- Battery friendly
- File-driven configuration
- Steep but rewarding learning curve
- Written in C++, exposes a Python3 API for its plugins
You can think of |project| as an alternative to Launchy and a cousin of Alfred