What is GNOME Software?
Software lets you install and update applications and system extensions. A plugin system is used to access software from different sources.
Plugins are provided for:
Traditional package installation via PackageKit (e.g. Debian package, RPM). Next generation packages: Flatpak and Snap. Firmware updates. Ratings and reviews (ODRS and Ubuntu reviews).
Software supports showing metadata that closely matches the AppStream format.
Software runs as a background service to provide update notifications and be a search provider for GNOME Shell.
GNOME Software Desktop Screenshots and Videos
GNOME Software Features
- Ad-freeGNOME Software doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in GNOME Software without registration.
- No TrackingGNOME Software will not track you or use your personal data.
- Command line interfaceGNOME Software either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- LightweightGNOME Software consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Privacy focusedGNOME Software is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
GNOME Software information
- Developed byThe GNOME Project
- LicensingOpen Source and Free product.
- RatingAverage rating of 5
- Alternatives58 alternatives listed
Our users have written 0 comments and reviews about GNOME Software, and it has gotten 29 likes