What is GNOME Commander?
GNOME Commander is a "two-pane" graphical file manager for the GNOME desktop environment. GNOME Commander aims to fulfill the demands of more advanced users who like to focus on file management, their work through special applications and running smart commands.
- Support for tabs
- One instance mode
- User defined LS_COLORS colours
- Possibility to select/deselect files only
- GTK-2 GUI with standard mouse interactions.
- FTP using GnomeVFS ftp module.
- SAMBA access.
- Mouse context menu that easily can be extended by entries calling any kind of external application like viewers, editors or custom scripts to work on selected files or directories.
- Quick device access buttons with automatic mounting and unmounting ("no-mount" option for just quick access to folders or otherwise automounted devices).
- Latest accessed folder history.
- Folder bookmarks.
- Plugin support under development.
- Fast internal file viewer for text, images and image meta data (Exif and IPTC).
- Tools for searching, quick file name search in current dir, symlinking, comparing directories.
- A tool for advanced renaming of files supporting various types of meta-data.
- Integrated command line.
GNOME Commander Screenshots
GNOME Commander information