Powerful Archiver For Mac OS X
- Paid • Proprietary
- File Archiver
- File Compressor
What is Entropy?
Easily create, open and preview popular archive files like ZIP, RAR, 7z, TGZ and more ( 30+ formats supported ).
An unparalleled feature set makes Entropy the ultimate archiving app:
• EXTRACT all major archive formats
• CREATE highly compressed archives with easy
• PROTECT your data using industrial strength encryption
• PREVIEW files inside an archive without extracting it - as easily as Finder
• MODIFY existing archives - no need to extract and re-archive files anymore
• CUSTOMIZE Entropy via detailed preference options
• BUILT-IN Password Manager.
• FILTER out unnecessary files that clutter archives ( like .DS_Store )
• SCRIPTING support for power users via AppleScript + Python for automating tasks
• DUAL-MODE: switch between auto-extract and content-view modes.
Designed for OS X
Entropy has been designed specifically for your Mac. It supports OS X specific technologies like extended file attributes and resource forks, which are often missing in other archives. Equal attention has been paid to aesthetics, usability and technology while developing Entropy.
Entropy directly reads and writes archives, unlike most other archivers for Mac which are simply "front-ends". The end result is that Entropy is often discernibly faster.
If you ever have any problems with Entropy, just send an email to email@example.com and we'll help you solve it - fast!
No support for macOS Sierra. No Update since 13.12.2013 so since 3 years. See https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/entropy/id437151949
Comments and Reviews
Said about Entropy as an alternative
- File Manager
Lightweight, fast, with GUI and many formats...