DiffVue is a diff tool, also known as a diff utility for Windows XP and Windows 7, and it lets users compare folders and files as well as ftp site's files against the local files by displaying differences visually.
DiffVue contains 6 main applications; DiffVue (a main application to compare your local folders and files), DiffFTP (another main application for FTP), DiffEditor (a visual text editor), FullVue (a viewer for non-text files), DiffVue Search (an enhanced search utility including Regular expression search) and HexCompare ("Hex compare" utility as well as Hex editor). Screenshots for each application are available in DiffVue Software's website diffvue.com/gallery.... More Info »
The unique features that DiffVue comparing to other diff utility software are,
- DiffVue recognizes and displays not only the regular text files but also the binary files such as word-processor, spread sheet, presentation documents or even graphics and CAD files.
- DiffVue offers a PDF file rendition not only from any single file but also from the existing folders and files so that its bookmark pane looks like a folder tree.
- DiffVue offers a set of localization (L10N) tools. For example, one of them is to detect any mal-formatted or missing resource strings during L10N process. The file extensions of the resource file-format recognized are RC/RC2/RESX/MC/MTX/INI/IPS.
- DiffFTP compares the users' local files and folders against ones in their FTP server by the file contents, and then transfers files like all commercial FTP software.
- HexCompare displays the contents of any two files side-by-side both in hex and ASCII strings. HexCompare is also a hex editor, so that all standard editing operations, such as, insert, overtype, cut, paste, highlighting selection, etc. can be performed.