What is SyncBack?
SyncBack is a tool to backup, synchronize, and restore data files.
· Free: SyncBackFree (Windows) is a simple backup and restore solution at no cost.
· Paid: SyncBackSE (Windows, macOS*, Linux* and Android*) is a Windows solution for home users to backup their personal data. A single license is good for up to 5 installations under a single residential address for computers and/or devices owned by the licensee.
· Paid: SyncBackPro (Windows, macOS*, Linux* and Android*) has extensive cloud support, SFTP support, AES encryption (including filename encryption), scripting and connects to the SyncBack Management System (SBMS) to manage remote backups easier and more secure.
- Using SyncBack Touch (licensed separately).
Features: · Free/SE/Pro:
- Backup, Synchronize & Restore
- Non-proprietary (use Windows to view files)
- Unicode - multi-language filename support
- Log history
- Open and locked files copying using VSS
- Detects renames
- Move files
- SyncBack Touch Support (Windows, macOS, Linux, Android)
- Versioning - Keep Previous Backup Versions
- Compression and Encryption - unlimited size & number of files
- Incremental Backups
- Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) Support
- Supports Amazon S3™, Google Storage™, Google Drive™, Microsoft Azure™, Microsoft OneDrive™, OneDrive for Business (Office 365), SharePoint™ (Office 365), Dropbox™, Box, SugarSync™, OpenStack, Backblaze™ B2, OVH™, Egnyte™, hubiC™ and WebDAV.
- Backup Emails stored on POP3, IMAP4 or Microsoft Exchange
- Scripting - configure how SyncBackPro runs
- Automatic Drive Failure (S.M.A.R.T.) and Ransomware Detection
- Delta-copying (copy only changed parts of files)
- Backup integrity checking