The most popular alternative is LMMS, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to Cubase so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Cubase alternatives are FL Studio (Paid), Ardour (Freemium, Open Source), Reaper (Paid) and Ableton Live (Paid).
- Comprehensive digital audio workstation for music composition, audio editing, mixing and mastering.
- Full-featured desktop DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) with powerful music composition, mixing and mastering tools.
- Tracktion is a multi-platform software for music production, with a modern graphic user interface.
- Rosegarden is a well-rounded audio and MIDI sequencer, score editor, and general-purpose music composition and editing environment.
- Multi-platform, mobile-focused music creation app with practically everything needed for electronic music.
- Qtractor is an Audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written in C++ with the Qt framework.
- MuLab is a rich and rock solid sound and music production tool for Mac OSX and Windows, designed to create, record, edit and finalize Your Music!
- Radium is a music editor with a new type of interface.- Compared to the normal sequencer interface editing is quicker and more musical data fits on the screen.
- Pro Tools redefined the music, film, and TV industry, providing everything you need to compose, record, edit, and mix audio—in the studio or in the cloud, from anywhere.
- Renoise is a contemporary digital audio workstation (DAW) based upon the heritage and development of tracker software.