Open Source Cubase Alternatives
The most popular alternative is LMMS, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to Cubase so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Cubase alternatives are Ardour (Freemium, Open Source), Rosegarden (Free, Open Source), Qtractor (Free, Open Source) and Radium (Paid, Open Source).
- Let's make music with a free, cross-platform tool for your computer.
- Ardour is a hard disk recorder and digital audio workstation application. Record, edit, and mix on Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.
- Rosegarden is a well-rounded audio and MIDI sequencer, score editor, and general-purpose music composition and editing environment.
- Qtractor is an Audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written in C++ with the Qt framework.
- Radium is a music editor with a new type of interface.- Compared to the normal sequencer interface editing is quicker and more musical data fits on the screen.
- Zrythm is a digital audio workstation designed to be featureful and easy to use.
- Traverso DAW is an audio recording and editing program which is very well suited to record a single voice, a band, an ensemble, a whole orchestra or any other source of music!
- LinuxSampler - free, open source pure software audio sampler with professional grade features.
- A free, easy to use tool for creating music.
- Frinika is a free (licensed under GNU GPL) complete music workstation software containing sequencer, midi support, soft synthesizers, audio recorder, piano roll/tracker/notation...