Open Source Cubase AlternativesTop Music Production Apps & Digital Audio Workstations like Cubase
LMMS is a free cross-platform alternative to commercial programs like FL Studio , which allow you to produce music with your computer. This includes the creation of melodies and beats, the synthesis and mixing of sounds, and arranging of...
Suggest and vote on features
- - LMMS is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to Cubase.
- - LMMS is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Cubase.
- Support for VST PluginsLMMS support third-party Virtual Studio Technology (VST) plugins.
- PortableLMMS can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Music SequencerRecord, edit, or play back music with LMMS, by handling note and performance information.
- Support for MIDILMMS includes MIDI hardware and software support to record and import audio.
- DRM FreeNo Digital rights management (DRM), i.e. no copy protection.
Comments about LMMS as a Alternative to CubaseMost users think LMMS is a great Cubase alternative.Guest
I hope to increase support for audio o multitrack recording - IT's very light for my pC Compaq with 1 ghz CPU , i don' t have a great pc2Guest
It has a lot interesting functions.5Guest
The UI is nowhere near Cubase. It's like comparing mattresses to game consoles. They might both be rectangular, but that's it.3
No support for audio or multitrack recording3Guest
Does not support harddisk recording - only midi or samples11
Ardour is a hard disk recorder and digital audio workstation application. It runs on GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows. Ardour's intention is to provide digital audio workstation software suitable for professional use.Suggest and vote on features
- Non Destructive EditingArdour can make changes to a file without overwriting the original data, which remains available in case you want to revert to it.
- Support for VST PluginsArdour support third-party Virtual Studio Technology (VST) plugins.
- Music SequencerRecord, edit, or play back music with Ardour, by handling note and performance information.
- Works OfflineArdour can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsArdour can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Lossless AudioArdour has lossless audio support, basically studio quality sound.
- Ad-freeArdour doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Live PerformanceListen to and adjust your music productions with Ardour based on incoming audio in real time.
- Support for MIDIArdour includes MIDI hardware and software support to record and import audio.
Comments about Ardour as a Alternative to CubaseMost users think Ardour is a great Cubase alternative.Guest
It's great. Complete tool!0Guest
Opensource, available on Windows, Mac, and Linux, you can import PT projects, create your own model, and use it as a completed DAW for your computer. Enjoy !-2
Zrythm is a digital audio workstation designed to be featureful and easy to use.Suggest and vote on features
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsZrythm can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Support for VST PluginsZrythm support third-party Virtual Studio Technology (VST) plugins.
- Ad-freeZrythm doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Music SequencerRecord, edit, or play back music with Zrythm, by handling note and performance information.
Bespoke is a software modular synthesizer. It contains a bunch of modules, which you can connect together to create sounds.Suggest and vote on features
Bespoke Synth Features
Rosegarden is a well-rounded audio and MIDI sequencer, score editor, and general-purpose music composition and editing environment.Suggest and vote on features
Opinions about Rosegarden as a Alternative to CubaseMost users think Rosegarden is a great Cubase alternative.
Qtractor is an Audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written in C++ with the Qt framework. Target platform is GNU/Linux, where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK) for audio, and the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI, are the main infrastructures for...Suggest and vote on features
FamiStudio is very simple music editor for the Nintendo Entertainment System or Famicom. It is designed to be easier to use than FamiTracker, but its feature set is also much more limited. It is targeted at both chiptune artists and NES homebrewers.Suggest and vote on features
- Support for MIDIFamiStudio includes MIDI hardware and software support to record and import audio.
Radium is a music editor with a new type of interface.Suggest and vote on features
Cacophony is a minimalist and ergonomic MIDI sequencer. It's minimalist in that it doesn't have a lot of functionality MIDI sequencers have. It's ergonomic in that there is no mouse input and a very clean interface, allowing you to juggle less inputs and avoid...Suggest and vote on features