Open Source Blender Alternatives
The most popular alternative is Wings 3D, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 100 alternatives to Blender so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Blender alternatives are Natron (Free, Open Source), Bforartists (Free, Open Source), Armory (Free, Open Source) and Art of Illusion (Free, Open Source).
- Wings 3D is a subdivision modeler inspired by Nendo and Mirai from Izware.
- Natron is an open source, cross platform nodal compositing application. It is built around industry standard open source tech such as OpenFX, OpenEXR, OpenColorIO and OpenImageIO.
- Bforartists is a fork of Blender. It comes with the same features, but with an improved UI and usability.
- Armory is an open-source 3D game engine with full Blender integration, turning it into a complete game development tool. The result is a unified workflow from start to finish, making you work faster. No more jumping between different applications.
- Art of Illusion is a free, open source 3D modelling and rendering studio.
- Flowblade is a multitrack non-linear video editor for Linux released under GPL 3 license.
- Dust3D is a cross-platform open-source modeling software. It helps you create a 3D watertight model in seconds.
- GLC_Player is a software used to view 3D models (COLLADA 3DXML OBJ 3DS STL OFF and COFF format are supported) and to navigate easily in these models.
- Mandelbulber is an experimental application that helps to make rendering 3D Mandelbrot fractals much more accessible.
- K-3D is free-as-in-freedom 3D modeling and animation software.