The Best Open Source Blender AlternativesTop 3D Modelers and other similar apps like Blender
Wings 3D is a subdivision modeler inspired by Nendo and Mirai from Izware.
It is possible to assign materials, vertex color, UV coordinates and textures, but there will be improvements in those features before Wings goes 1.0.
There is no support in Wings for doing animations.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Wings 3D is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Blender.
Wings 3D Features
Comments about Wings 3D as a Alternative to BlenderMost users think Wings 3D is a great Blender alternative.Guest
Simplistic modeling, excellent UV mapping interface, obj and gltf/glb export, great mouse interface.
Buggy but the best free and simple 3d modeler.3Guest
it makes really good models just like blender3
Why work on another project when you can contribute to an already great one (Blender) and improve upon it, I am sure that there are tons of feature that the developer of this free open source could've added to the community without having to reinvent the wheel, unless they have a different vision and philosophy for 3D that I am not aware of.-3
Natron is an open source, cross platform nodal compositing application. It is built around industry standard open source tech such as OpenFX, OpenEXR, OpenColorIO and OpenImageIO. The feature set includes realtime playback/RAM cache, multi-threaded rendering, 2d tracking...Suggest and vote on features
- Node BasedNatron supports node editing, a form of visual programming that gives you full control over the rendering.
- Keyframe AnimationCompositions can be keyframed in Natron, allowing you to change the parameters over time.
- PortableNatron can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
Comments about Natron as a Alternative to BlenderSome users think Natron is a great Blender alternative, some don't.
it does not build 3d models, it has no game design, natron is mostly use for videos, and it doesnt allow 3d models in the program8Guest
It's not for Composing in 3D!0Guest
It does compositing too. If this isn't an alternative, you might want to take Nuke off as well-1Guest
Does not make programmable games but has keyframing and animation as well as graphics rendering-3
Bforartists is a complete 3D suite to create 3D content. It offers you the full 3D art pipeline to create game graphics, prerendered movies and stills.Suggest and vote on features
- Motion CaptureYou can capture and modify/animate faces, gestures, movements or objects within the Bforartists.
- 3D SculptingBforartists offers tools to push, pull, smooth, grab or pinch to manipulate a 3D model.
- Keyframe AnimationCompositions can be keyframed in Bforartists, allowing you to change the parameters over time.
- Ad-freeBforartists doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Dark ModeBforartists supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- LightweightBforartists consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
Comments about Bforartists as a Alternative to BlenderAlmost everyone thinks Bforartists is a great Blender alternative.Guest
It is the most direct match up to blender on this list and is easier to use too. It has the exact same feature set too.1
Flowblade is a multitrack non-linear video editor for Linux released under GPL 3 license.
Comments about Flowblade as a Alternative to BlenderThis alternative is disputed. Flowblade is still a legitimate Blender alternative, but it might have issues that some users think are important.Guest
Flowblade is movie editor, but its not software for 3D modeling.7
Armory is an open-source 3D game engine with full Blender integration, turning it into a complete game development tool. The result is a unified workflow from start to finish, making you work faster. No more jumping between different applications.Suggest and vote on features
Armory 3D Features
Comments about Armory 3D as a Alternative to Blenderpros, cons and recent comments
Armory3D is a game engine that runs inside of Blender, so it doesn't count as alternative to Blender.1
Dust3D is a cross-platform open-source modeling software. It helps you create a 3D watertight model in seconds. Use it to speed up your character modeling in game making, 3D printing, and so on.Dust3D has no features, suggest some!
Art of Illusion is a free, open source 3D modelling and rendering studio. It is written entirely in Java, and should be usable on any Java Virtual Machine which is compatible with Java 5 or later.Suggest and vote on features
Art of Illusion Features
Comments about Art of Illusion as a Alternative to BlenderMost users think Art of Illusion is a great Blender alternative.Guest
Easy to use and figure out.1
Blockbench is a free 3D modeling program featuring a modern and intuitive UI, plugin support and innovative features. It is the industry standard for creating custom 3D models for the Minecraft Marketplace.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Blockbench is the most popular Self-Hosted alternative to Blender.
- 3D SculptingBlockbench offers tools to push, pull, smooth, grab or pinch to manipulate a 3D model.
K-3D is free-as-in-freedom 3D modeling and animation software. It features a plugin-oriented procedural engine for all of its content, making K-3D a very versatile and powerful package.Suggest and vote on features
- PortableK-3D can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
According to the official website k-3d.org :The latest "source code" release is from November 2015. And the latest binary executable release is even older. According to its Sourceforge page ( https://sourceforge.net/projects/k3d/files/K-3D Win32 Binaries/ ), latest release is from june 2010.
Opinions about K-3D as a Alternative to BlenderSome users think K-3D is a great Blender alternative, some don't.