HxD is a carefully designed and fast hex editor which, additionally to raw disk editing and modifying of main memory (RAM), handles files of any size.
- - HxD is the most popular Windows alternative to Batch Hex Editor.
- - HxD is the most popular free alternative to Batch Hex Editor.
- - UltraEdit is the most popular Mac & Linux alternative to Batch Hex Editor.
- - UltraEdit is the most popular commercial alternative to Batch Hex Editor.
wxHexEditor is an open source cross-platform disk/sector/file hex editor written in C++ with a wxWidgets-based user interface.
- - wxHexEditor is the most popular Open Source alternative to Batch Hex Editor.
The project seems no longer developed since 2020. Last version, 0.24, released in December 2017, can be still downloaded from SourceForge and GitHub
MadEdit is an Open-Source and Cross-Platform Text/Hex Editor written in C++ and wxWidgets.Discontinued
The project is no longer developed. Last version, 0.2.9, released in February 2009, can be still downloaded from SourceForge.
GHex - a hex editor for GNOME
GHex allows the user to load data from any file, view and edit it in either hex or ascii.
Useful for debugging problems with object code or encodings.
Also used by kids who cheat at computer games, by adding score or lives to saved games.
Hex Editor Neo is a binary files editing software utility for Windows. It's rich and handy set of features will help all software and hardware developers working with ASCII, hex, decimal, float, double and binary data.
The Hex Workshop Hex Editor by BreakPoint Software is a complete set of hexadecimal development tools for Microsoft Windows 2000 and later. Hex Workshop combines advanced binary editing and data interpretation with the ease and flexibility of a modern word processor.
Hex Workshop Features
XVI32 is a freeware hex editor. XVI32 has the following main features.
- data inspector to view decoded numbers
- Has built-in script interpreter.
- Easily works with huge files.
- XVI32 allows to edit files up to 2 GB (enough virtual memory provided, of course) .
Frhed(Free hex editor) is an binary file editor for Windows. It is small but has many advanced features like ability to load big files partially. String replacement, multi-language, and other features.
HexEdit is a hexadecimal file editor for Microsoft Windows. HexEdit allows the user to view and edit any type of file, no matter what format it is saved in.Discontinued
Last commit was in August 2015https://github.com/strobejb/HexEdit