Autodesk AutoCAD Alternatives for Linux
Autodesk AutoCAD is not available for Linux but there are plenty of alternatives that runs on Linux with similar functionality. The most popular Linux alternative is FreeCAD, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 100 alternatives to Autodesk AutoCAD and many of them are available for Linux so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Linux alternatives to Autodesk AutoCAD are LibreCAD (Free, Open Source), BricsCAD (Paid), OpenSCAD (Free, Open Source) and QCAD (Free Personal).
- FreeCAD is a general purpose parametric 3D CAD modeler. The development is completely Open Source (LGPL License).
- LibreCAD (originally QCad then CADuntu) is an open source 2D CAD application for Windows, Apple and Linux.
- BricsCAD the first all-in-one CAD design solution in .dwg that answers all your needs; 2D drafting, 3D modeling, mechanical design, and BIM. BricsCAD is a cost-effective, innovative, and familiar CAD solution.
- OpenSCAD is a software for creating solid 3D CAD objects. It is free software and available for Linux/UNIX, MS Windows and MacOS.
- QCAD is an application for computer aided drafting in 2D.
- Open source 3D geometry modeling system with a robust feature set developed over 20 years.
- Onshape is the first full-cloud 3D CAD system. It runs in a web browser and on any mobile device.
- Open CASCADE Technology is a software development platform freely available in open source.
- Asset Forge allows anyone to create 3D models and 2D sprites using building blocks. Finished assets are compatible with most available game engines.
- Varkon is a very powerful parametric 2D/3D CAD, modeling and application development tool for engineering, design, architecture, etc.