What is Authenticator Extension?
Authenticator generates two-factor authentication (2FA) codes in your browser. Use it to add an extra layer of security to your online accounts.
- Add accounts by scanning QR codes
- Search your accounts by pressing "/"
- Translated into more than ten languages
- Encrypt your secrets with a password
- Backup your secrets to a file, Google Drive, or Dropbox
- Sync your secrets with your Firefox Account
- Open source
- "Access your data for all websites" - Needed to take screenshots for scanning QR codes
- "Input data to the clipboard" - Needed to copy codes when clicked
- Steam Guard Blizzard Authenticator
Authenticator Extension Screenshots
Authenticator Extension Features
Authenticator Extension information
- 2,239 Stars
- 615 Forks
- 102 Open Issues
Comments and Reviews
Said about Authenticator Extension as an alternative
Free, open source, and a browser extension for multiple browsers so you can use it on any platform? Hell yes.
Also it's super simple. It just does what it says on the box, no extra crap you don't want.
Easy, Open Source and available via Browser Addon. You can even scan the QR Code with a screenshot. BEST 2FA!!!
It is one of the best 2FA alternatives that can be used on a PC. Authy is doing this on mobile because it does not have mobile support. On the PC, the Authenticator is the best option. Cloud support, encrypted backup, and a clipboard have features such as copying. There is also an automatic filling option for 2FA fields, but in some cases, it fills information on other fields.