What is Aegis Authenticator?
Encryption All of your one-time passwords are stored in a vault. If you choose to set a password, which is highly recommended, the vault will be encrypted using AES-256. If someone with malicious intent gets a hold of the vault file, it’s impossible for them to retrieve the contents without knowing the password.
Fingerprint unlock Entering your password each time you need access to a one-time password can be cumbersome. Fortunately, you can also enable fingerprint unlock if your device has a fingerprint scanner.
Compatibility Aegis supports the HOTP and TOTP algorithms. These two algorithms are industry-standard and widely supported, making Aegis compatible with thousands of services. Some examples are: Google, GitHub, Dropbox, Facebook and Instagram.
It is also compatible with Google Authenticator. Any website that shows a QR code for Google Authenticator also works with Aegis.
Groups Have a lot of one-time passwords? Add them to custom groups for easier access. Personal, Work and Social can each get their own group.
Backups To make sure you will never lose access to your online accounts Aegis Authenticator supports exporting your vault which you can import onto a new device. Aegis Authenticator also allows you to import AndOTP and FreeOTP databases so switching to Aegis is made easier for you.
Open source and license Aegis Authenticator is open source (licensed under GPL v3) and the source code can be found here: http://github.com/beemdevelopment/Aegis
Aegis Authenticator Desktop Screenshots and Videos
Aegis Authenticator Features
- Two-factor AuthenticationAegis Authenticator supports two-factor authentication (2FA).
- Encrypted BackupAegis Authenticator uses encryption algorithms to keep your files safe as well as prevent unauthorized access.
- Biometric AuthenticationLog in or unlock your device using your fingerprint or face recognition
- Time-based One-time PasswordAegis Authenticator has support for TOTP, a computer algorithm that generates Time-based One-Time Passwords
- Dark ModeAegis Authenticator supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Ad-freeAegis Authenticator doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Works OfflineAegis Authenticator can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Multiple Account supportAegis Authenticator support multiple accounts without the need to logout and login
- Privacy focusedAegis Authenticator is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- AES-256 EncryptionAegis Authenticator has AES-256 Encryption, i.e. very strong security.
- LightweightAegis Authenticator consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Cloud SyncSync your data (notes, documents, bookmarks, etc.) across your different devices and to the cloud.
- End-to-End EncryptionAegis Authenticator has E2E Encryption, for entire or parts of the app.
Aegis Authenticator information
- Developed byBeem Development
- LicensingOpen Source (GPL-3.0) and Free product.
- Written in
- RatingAverage rating of 5 (37 ratings)
- Alternatives31 alternatives listed
- 7,202 Stars
- 318 Forks
- 73 Open Issues
Our users have written 26 comments and reviews about Aegis Authenticator, and it has gotten 137 likes