ASuite is a simple open source portable launcher for Microsoft Windows.
What is ASuite?
ASuite is a simple open source portable launcher for Microsoft Windows. Designed to run portable applications, you can start anything runnable (software, documents and other file types) from removable storage media (USB keys, hard drives, iPods, etc.).
- Software relased as free software under GPL license
- Any linked item can be organized in a hierarchical structure (tree view)
- Simple, fast and lightweight
- Runs any runnable files (portable or not applications, documents and other file types) or folder
- Supports any removable storage media (USB keys, hard drives, iPods, etc...), using relative paths
- TrayIcon Menu (winVista style or classic menu)
- Multilanguage (19 languages)
- Restore session after crash
- Schedule any list item to run automatically using internal scheduler
- Create custom hotkeys for any list items or launcher itself
- Mouse sensors
- Internal cache icons (speed up launcher's startup)
- Most Recently Used (MRU) in Trayicon Menu
- Import list from PStart 2., wPPLauncher 1. e ASuite 1.*
- Runs any list item on ASuite's startup or shutdown
- 73 Stars
- 13 Forks
- 16 Open Issues
Comments and Reviews
CategoryOS & Utilities
Lists containing ASuiteProductivity • Windows Apps • Utilities
Recent user activities on ASuite
- BondInterface added ASuite as alternative(s) to Program Picker
- kuregibo reviewed ASuiteku@akrryweb wtf
- digfish2 reviewed ASuitediThe program is not abandoned, there is a new release in the github repo https://github.com/salvadorbs/Asuite/releases/tag/v2.0.0
The program is not abandoned, there is a new release in the github repo https://github.com/salvadorbs/Asuite/releases/tag/v2.0.0
This program is slowly sinking into neglect and abandonment since 2011.
ASuite comes in two editions ...
Both are BETA status except for v220.127.116.11 last full release in 25-May-2008
The developer last promised to finish new v2.0 BETA in 2011 ... but it has never happened.
If you are looking for a compact GUI (IMO) v1.5.12 is the better choice.
Younger v1.5.2 beta has bugs
v2 wins my ugly award, with an [x] at the foot of the UI that "Quits" ASuite, and does not just close the window
I have been using v1.5.12 for the past 11 years on various machines with no problems.
I did not want flashing lights; bells.n.whistles; xmas.tree that competed for desktop.real.estate
There are plenty of flashy launchers on the net, if that is your thing
ASuite launches, folders, files, URLs, applications
Portable and installer available
o-----------------o Win-7 PRO x64 and x32 (5 machines)
v2.0 released 21-April 2020
Not discontinued ... just that the developer is v-e-r-y slow
IMO ... GUI is very ugly, I am using v1.5.12 in Classic Mode ... clean sharp GUI
no cartoon characters ...!
Files, folders, EXEecutables, and URLs.
v18.104.22.168 ... upto Win-7
v2.0 ... upto Win-10
I think PStart is more simple but the newest 2.1 alpha from 2021 looks much better than the older versions. I especially did not like 22.214.171.124. Overall it looks pretty good and is very portable with an option to safely remove hardware. Glad to see it is not dead.
Reply written ago