The most popular alternative is Dia, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 36 alternatives to ArgoUML so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting ArgoUML alternatives are PlantUML (Free, Open Source), Visual Paradigm (Paid), Umbrello (Free, Open Source) and StarUML (Paid).
- Dia is a GTK+ based diagram creation program for Linux, Unix, Mac OS X and Windows released under the GPL license.
- Open-source, Java-based UML diagram maker using plain text descriptions to draw models.
- Visual Paradigm for UML (VP-UML) is a UML design tool and UML CASE tool designed to aid software development.
- Umbrello is a Unified Modelling Language (UML) modelling tool and code generator.
- StarUML is a program to develop fast, flexible, extensible, featureful, and freely-available UML/MDA platform running on Win32 platform.
- UMLet is an open-source UML tool with a simple user interface: draw UML diagrams fast, export diagrams to eps, pdf, jpg, svg, and clipboard, share diagrams using Eclipse, and...
- Modelio is an open source modeling tool supporting natively UML, BPMN and model exchange with XMI.
- PlantUML based on-line UML editor (text to UML) with optional Google registration and document saving.
- High performance and scalable visual modeling tool for the planning, design and construction of business architectures, software and systems. With customers based in all industries, Sparx Systems is a leading vendor of innovative modeling solutions. .