Alacritty AlternativesTerminal Emulators and other similar apps like Alacritty
Tabby is an infinitely customizable cross-platform terminal app for local shells, serial, SSH and Telnet connections.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Tabby Terminal is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to Alacritty.
- - Tabby Terminal is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Alacritty.
Tabby Terminal Features
- Command line interfaceTabby Terminal either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- PortableTabby Terminal can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Dark ModeTabby Terminal supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- LightweightTabby Terminal consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Support for scriptingTabby Terminal supports scripts and macros to automate or customize tasks.
Windows Terminal is a new, modern, feature-rich, productive terminal application for command-line users. It includes many of the features most frequently requested by the Windows command-line community including support for tabs, rich text, globalization, configurability...Suggest and vote on features
Windows Terminal Features
- Command line interfaceWindows Terminal either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- Support for scriptingWindows Terminal supports scripts and macros to automate or customize tasks.
- Support for ThemesYou can use themes and templates to change the look and feel of Windows Terminal.
- Dark ModeWindows Terminal supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
MobaXterm is an enhanced terminal app that brings the advanced features of a Unix-like command-line to Windows. It takes the power of Cygwin and wraps it in a sleek, visual interface that's super easy to use, lightweight and portable.Suggest and vote on features
- PortableMobaXterm can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsMobaXterm can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Windows Explorer ExtensionMobaXterm can extend Windows Explorer in various ways, for example add context menu options, etc..
Ready to go. Termux works directly with no rooting or setup required. At first start a minimal base system is installed automatically - you decide what to do next.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Termux is the most popular Android & Android Tablet alternative to Alacritty.
iTerm2 is a replacement for Terminal and the successor to iTerm. It works on Macs with macOS 10.10 or newer. iTerm2 brings the terminal into the modern age with features you never knew you always wanted.Suggest and vote on features
Cygwin is a Unix-like environment and command-line interface for Microsoft Windows. Cygwin provides native integration of Windows-based applications, data, and other system resources with applications, software tools, and data of the Unix-like environment.Suggest and vote on features
Kitty ( not to be confused with KiTTY ) is a powerful, cross-platform GPU-based terminal emulator. It offloads rendering to the GPU and uses OpenGL for fast, cross-platform performance with built-in tiling layouts as well as graphic, unicode...Suggest and vote on features
Kitty terminal Features
- Command line interfaceKitty terminal either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- LightweightKitty terminal consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Support for ThemesYou can use themes and templates to change the look and feel of Kitty terminal.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsKitty terminal can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Syntax HighlightingKitty terminal supports syntax highlighting for various programming and markup languages.
Terminator enables the user to run and manage multiple terminal emulators side-by-side in the same window. The main focus is arranging terminals in a grid. (Tabs is the most common default method, which Terminator also supports.Suggest and vote on features
GNOME Terminal is a terminal emulator for the GNOME desktop environment written by Havoc Pennington and others. Terminal emulators allow users to execute commands using a real UNIX shell while remaining on their graphical desktop.[Suggest and vote on features
GNOME Terminal Features
Hyper™ is a beautiful and extensible, cross-platform terminal built on open web standards. It provides an elegant command-line experience that is consistent across all supported platforms which includes macOS, Windows and various Linux distributions like Fedora and Debian.Suggest and vote on features
MinGW ("Minimalistic GNU for Windows") is a port of the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) and GNU Binutils. It provides a complete Open Source programming toolset which is suitable for the development of native MS-Windows (x86) applications, which do not depend on any...Suggest and vote on features
Comments about MinGW as a Alternative to Alacrittypros, cons and recent comments
MinGW isn't a shell, it is a port of GCC to Windows that uses MinTTY as the default frontend0
Yakuake is a drop-down (Quake-style) terminal emulator based on KDE Konsole technology. Its design was inspired from consoles in computer games such as Quake which slide down from the top of the screen when a key is pressed, and slide back up when the key is pressed again.Suggest and vote on features