Open Source ABBYY FineReader PDF Alternatives
Suggest and vote on features
- - Tesseract is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to ABBYY FineReader PDF.
- - Tesseract is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to ABBYY FineReader PDF.
Comments about Tesseract as a Alternative to ABBYY FineReader PDFMost users think Tesseract is a great ABBYY FineReader PDF alternative.Guest
quality of OCR is very so-so. FineReader 14 also includes many PDF features-3
NAPS2 is a document scanning application with a focus on simplicity and ease of use.Suggest and vote on features
- OCRExtract the text from a screen capture or file and paste it into another document for edits.
- Ad-freeNAPS2 doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- PortableNAPS2 can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Works OfflineNAPS2 can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Combine PDFCombine, merge and arrange PDF files into one document.
- LightweightNAPS2 consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Command line interfaceNAPS2 either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- Built-in viewerNAPS2 shows you a quick preview of an image, page or file in supported formats.
Comments about NAPS2 as a Alternative to ABBYY FineReader PDFMost users think NAPS2 is a great ABBYY FineReader PDF alternative.
cannot convert to doc file-1Guest
I tested several options--some free and some paid--and this is the best option for ease of use, install footprint, and features.-1
gImageReader is a simple Gtk/Qt front-end to the Tesseract OCR Engine.Suggest and vote on features
Opinions about GImageReader as a Alternative to ABBYY FineReader PDFAlmost everyone thinks GImageReader is a great ABBYY FineReader PDF alternative.
Paperwork is a personal document manager for scanned documents (and PDFs).Suggest and vote on features
Copy, paste and translate text from any image, video or PDF.Suggest and vote on features
OCRmyPDF adds an OCR text layer to scanned PDF files, allowing them to be searched - jbarlow83/OCRmyPDFSuggest and vote on features
GOCR is an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) program, developed under the GNU Public License. It converts scanned images of text back to text files. Joerg Schulenburg started the program, and now leads a team of developers.Suggest and vote on features
CuneiForm (OpenOCR) is a text recognition software for printed templates. Manuscripts or PDF-files, the program can not recognize, however, but table structures. The language-model is applicable for 20 languages, and the results can be used as HTML, RTF or ASCII text to save, or...Suggest and vote on features
Last release on 2011: https://launchpad.net/cuneiform-linux/ download
OCRFeeder is a document layout analysis and optical character recognition system.Suggest and vote on features
Supports optical character recognition for Vietnamese language. Released and distributed under the Apache License, v2.0.Suggest and vote on features
OCRopus(tm) is a state-of-the-art document analysis and OCR system, featuring pluggable layout analysis, pluggable character recognition, statistical natural language modeling, and multilingual capabilities.Suggest and vote on features
Last update was in 16 Dec 2017
WatchOCR is an open source OCR server that creates searchable pdfs from images in a watched folder.Suggest and vote on features