The most popular alternative is PeaZip, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 100 alternatives to 7-Zip so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting 7-Zip alternatives are WinRAR (Freemium), Bandizip (Freemium), WinZip (Paid) and The Unarchiver (Free).
- AppCompactor allows you to easily compress applications to decrease size on disk and increase performance when running from slow media, like flash drives.
- WinAce is not just another archiving shell.
- A lightweight and very fast file archiver, where you can add, compress, extract, delete, password protect, and blazing fast search all your files.
- ezyZip is a file compression tool that lets you zip files into an archive. It also supports unzip, allowing you to uncompress archived zip files.
- Bitser is free Windows zip software for managing archives and backups.
- If the command line is not your thing - heres a GUI front-end for unrar. Drag-and-Drop extraction. Built-in par2 recovery. Written by Peter Noriega.
- Bandizip X is an easy-to-use, reliable and fast zip unarchiver.
- PKZIP by PKWARE is the gold standard in data compression. PKZIP provides exceptional performance and ease of use across all enterprise operating systems.
- KGB Archiver is the compression tool with an unbelievably high compression rate.
- A small software utility that enables you to easily create RAR archives.