Resource management and living from day to day are staples of this recently blooming genre. Survival games focus on their players doing everything they can to get by in different conditions with varying levels of danger day by day, hour by hour, area by area.
- Create and explore infinite 3D voxel worlds in the definitive sandbox mining and crafting game.
- Dwarf Fortress is a single-player fantasy simulator with two modes: fortress and adventure.
- No Man's Sky is an action-adventure survival video game developed and published by the indie studio Hello Games.
- Metro is a survival horror first-person shooter video game series, based on the novel Metro 2033 by Russian author Dmitry Glukhovsky. .
- In this city-building strategy game, you control a group of exiled travelers who decide to restart their lives in a new land.
- Play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped by a demon and transported to a mysterious wilderness world.
- The post-soviet country of Chernarus is struck by an unknown virus, turning the majority population into frenzied infected.
- Rust is a multi-player, survival video game.
- A free-roaming squad based RPG. Focusing on open-ended sandbox gameplay features rather than a linear story.
- The Fun-Focused Free Software Voxel World Game. Voxelands is a sandbox construction game based on Minetest.
- Build the perfect vault to protect dwellers from the dangerous Wasteland.
- You become a survivor in the zombie infested ruins of society, and team up with your friends to remain among the living.
- Subnautica is an open world underwater adventure game where you're thrust into an alien world submersed underwater.
- As the ruler of the last city on Earth, it is your duty to manage both its citizens and its infrastructure. What decisions will you make to ensure survival? What will you do when pushed to breaking point? Who will you become in the process?.