The most popular alternative is 0 A.D., which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 39 alternatives to Banished so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Banished alternatives are Warcraft III (Paid), RimWorld (Paid), Dwarf Fortress (Free) and Stronghold (Paid).
- 0 A.D. is a free, open-source, cross-platform real-time strategy (RTS) game of ancient warfare.
- Set a generation before the events of the original Warcraft began, Warcraft II is a real-time strategy game by Blizzard Entertainment.
- RimWorld follows three survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space.
- Dwarf Fortress is a single-player fantasy simulator with two modes: fortress and adventure.
- Stronghold Crusader is a RTS game from the series from Stronghold.
- Littlewargame is a medieval-themed HTML5 Real-Time-Strategy game with multiplayer mode and a map editor. It runs completely in your browser without any download required.
- Empire Earth, also known as EE, is a real-time strategy video game developed by Stainless Steel Studios and released on November 23, 2001.
- Real-time strategy city-building and economic simulation video game series that started in 1998.
- Tropico is a series of construction and management simulation computer games developed by PopTop Software and published by Gathering of Developers in April 2001. Feral Interactive has developed and published a number of the games.