Dwarf Fortress Alternatives
The most popular alternative is RimWorld. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 20 alternatives to Dwarf Fortress so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Dwarf Fortress alternatives are Gnomoria (Paid), Stonehearth (Paid), Prison Architect (Paid) and Banished (Paid).
- RimWorld follows three survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space.
- Gnomoria is a sandbox village management game where you help lead a small group of gnomes, who have set out on their own, to thrive into a bustling kingdom!.
- Stonehearth is a game of exploration and survival in an epic fantasy setting. Build your town, care for your hearthlings, and defend against marauding invaders.
- Build and manage a Maximum Security Prison. As the sun casts it’s early morning rays on a beautiful patch of countryside the clock starts ticking.
- In this city-building strategy game, you control a group of exiled travelers who decide to restart their lives in a new land.
- Oxygen Not Included is a space-colony simulation game. Manage your colonists and help them dig, build and maintain a subterranean asteroid base.
- Take on the role of a colonial bureaucrat sent to build a steampunk colony in the far corners of the world faced with threats of Lovecraftian horrors and cults, all the while dealing with complex AI colonists with their own quirks and personalities.
- Take control of a community of dwarves on a quest to reclaim your people’s stolen land.
- Guide a group of space settlers trying to establish an outpost on a remote planet. Grow food, collect energy, mine resources, manufacture bots, and build a fully self-sufficient colony.
- Craft The World is a unique sandbox strategy game, the mix of Dungeon Keeper, Terraria and Dwarf Fortress.