There is a sort of therapeutic cadence that simulation video games, such as Farming Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator, provide. These often simple and down-to-earth games can allow you to get lost in the simple pleasures of, for example, driving trucks down a highway or managing crops on a farm. Though these games are often not the most exciting to watch, they are easy to completely immerse yourself in.
- An open-source clone of the classic game...
- Cities: Skylines is a modern take on the classic city builder.
- Open-ended city-building simulation that tasks players with developing and maintaining a happy and thriving city.
- CaesarIA is an open source remake of Caesar III game released by Impressions Games in 1998, it aims to expand the possibilities of the classical city-building simulators and to...
- The FlightGear flight simulator project is an open-source, multi-platform, cooperative flight simulator development project. It also simulates space flight in Earth's orbit.
- It is the most popular online pc racing game. It fuels 7 different racing environments; hundreds of thousands of tracks and millions of players to compete with.
- Can you infect the world? Plague Inc. is a unique mix of high strategy and terrifyingly realistic simulation.
- Create and manage your own space program, build and fly spacecraft, and try to conquer space.
- Open-source game engine recreation of Theme Hospital.
- X is a science fiction space trading and combat simulator series created by German developer Egosoft.
- In Game Dev Tycoon you replay the history of the gaming industry by starting your own video game development company in the 80s. Create best selling games.
- Oolite is a space sim game, inspired by Elite.
- Simutrans is an open-source transport simulator. Establish a successful company transporting passengers, mail and goods by land, air and water.
- Thrive is an evolution and exploration game.
- Tropico is a series of construction and management simulation computer games developed by PopTop Software and published by Gathering of Developers in April 2001. Feral Interactive has developed and published a number of the games.