- Free • Proprietary
What is ZBar?
ZBar is a utility for those who use multiple monitors. If you have a single screen, then theres nothing to see here. Move on.
If you have two or more monitors, then Windows only puts the task bar at the bottom of one of those monitors, and although you can move windows to the second monitor, the task bar button for those windows still lives at the bottom of the primary monitor. This doesnt "feel" right to me, so ZBar was born.
- Put a taskbar across the top or bottom of all non-primary screens with one or two rows of buttons, in six styles, with an optional clock
- Provide keyboard shortcuts to move windows one screen along
- Organise your desktop wallpaper one image per screen or one image across all screens
- Display a six month calendar, last month, this month, and four months ahead
Discontinued since 2012. See changelog at https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/zbar/index.html
There is no links for this app or the links was disabled.
Comments and Reviews
CategoryOS & Utilities
Recent user activities on ZBar
- axellenz added ZBar as alternative(s) to Borderline - The End of off-screen Apps
- costanza6221 added ZBar as alternative(s) to X-tile
- Seliffe182 edited ZBarSe
Seems to be better than Dual Monitor Taskbar, for example NTLite is handled properly with this and rendered on the correct taskbar.
Be aware that the History page of the website shows the last development was May 2014.
(http://alternativeto.net/software/displayfusion/ user searching for free alternatives.)
ZBar is a nice and useful tool, but there is a little bug: "window-less" windows are also shown in the taskbar, eg:
Still, ZBar is free and works quite nicely, so I'm not complaining. ;) But I've found Dual Monitor Taskbar to be better suited to my needs.
[Edited by norz, May 13]
zbar is the first totally free multi monitor tool which includes a taskbar for every monitor with the look of the windows OS (xp, vista, etc).