wtftw AlternativesWindow Managers and other similar apps like wtftw
Hyprland is a dynamic tiling Wayland compositor based on wlroots that doesn't sacrifice on its looks.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Hyprland is the most popular Linux alternative to wtftw.
- - Hyprland is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to wtftw.
i3 is a dynamic tiling window manager with clean, readable and documented code, featuring extended Xinerama support, usage of libxcb instead of xlib and several improvements over wmii.Suggest and vote on features
Openbox is a highly configurable, next generation window manager with extensive standards support.Suggest and vote on features
No actively developed anymore. Last commit was in 2015.
Sway is a tiling Wayland compositor and a drop-in replacement for the i3 window manager for X11. It works with your existing i3 configuration and supports most of i3's features, plus a few extras.Suggest and vote on features
awesome is a highly configurable, next generation framework window manager for X. It is very fast, extensible and licensed under the GNU GPLv2 license.
A tiling window manager based on binary space partitioning.Suggest and vote on features
- Support for Multiple Monitorsbspwm supports the use of multiple displays.
- Support for scriptingbspwm supports scripts and macros to automate or customize tasks.
- Lightweightbspwm consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Extensible by Plugins/Extensionsbspwm can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Ad-freebspwm doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Dark Modebspwm supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
dwm is a dynamic window manager for X. It manages windows in tiled, monocle and floating layouts. All of the layouts can be applied dynamically, optimising the environment for the application in use and the task performed.Suggest and vote on features
Fluxbox is a window manager for X that was based on the Blackbox 0.61.1 code. It is very light on resources and easy to handle but yet full of features to make an easy, and extremely fast, desktop experience. It is built using C++ and licensed under the MIT license.Fluxbox has no features, suggest some!
A full-featured, hackable tiling window manager written and configured in Python.Suggest and vote on features
xmonad is a dynamically tiling X11 window manager that is written and configured in Haskell. In a normal WM, you spend half your time aligning and searching for windows. xmonad makes work easier, by automating this.
- - Xmonad is the most popular Mac alternative to wtftw.
Wayfire is a 3D Wayland compositor, inspired by Compiz and based on wlroots. It aims to create a customizable, extendable and lightweight environment without sacrificing its appearance.Suggest and vote on features
A minimalist Linux smartphone environment that is truly yours to control. Sxmo, or Simple X Mobile, is a collection of simple and suckless X programs and scripts used together to create a fully functional mobile UI adhering to the Unix philosophy for the PinePhone and other...Suggest and vote on features