Writeaday AlternativesJournaling Apps & Private Diaries like Writeaday
A hierarchical note taking application, featuring rich text and syntax highlighting, storing data in a single xml or sqlite file.
- - CherryTree is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to Writeaday.
- - CherryTree is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Writeaday.
Trilium Notes is a hierarchical note taking application.
- - Trilium Notes is the most popular Self-Hosted alternative to Writeaday.
Trilium Notes Features
Cryptee is a safety and privacy focused, encrypted and cross-platform personal data storage service. You can write personal documents, notes, journals, store photos and all sorts of other files.
- - Cryptee is the most popular Web-based & SaaS alternative to Writeaday.
Milanote is an easy-to-use tool to organize your ideas and projects into visual boards.
- - Milanote is the most popular Android, iPhone & iPad alternative to Writeaday.
RedNotebook is a graphical diary and journal helping you keep track of notes and thoughts. It includes a calendar navigation, customizable templates, export functionality and word clouds. You can also format, tag and search your entries.
A diary that keeps your private memories forever. Trusted by millions of users, Journey is your perfect journal companion that keeps your private memories for a lifetime.
- - Journey is the most popular Android Tablet alternative to Writeaday.
- - Journey is the most popular commercial alternative to Writeaday.
Comments about Journey as a Alternative to Writeaday
As Writeaday, Journey is designed to add date based entries. It allows as well to add location, weather and attachments. This is a nice alternative for those who prefer to add more details about their day to day. It even supports Markdown syntax.0
nvALT is a fork of the original Notational Velocity with some additional features and interface modifications by Brett Terpstra and ElasticThreads.
Day One is a simple way to journal application for the Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android
Day One Features
Pick your mood and add activities you have been doing during the day. You can also add notes and keep an old school diary.
Privacy oriented, without vendor lock in note organizer, todo list desktop application. Work offline with text, markdown and pdf files.
A simplified, RedNotebook-type journal/diary app. With a focus on minimal design and a distraction free writing environment. Makes a folder full of dated text files that are easy to access even without the journal program.
No longer updated. Last update was in August 2018. It can still be downloaded.