Vicarious VR Alternatives
Second Life is an online virtual world, developed and owned by the San Francisco-based firm Linden Lab and launched on June 23, 2003.
- - Second Life is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to Vicarious VR.
- - Second Life is the most popular free alternative to Vicarious VR.
Second Life Features
Imagine a world where anything is possible. Join a game of capture the flag in outer space. Share stories around a campfire while roasting marshmallows, then moments later experience a retro game of bowling with an alien and robot.
IMVU is a 3D based social network using avatars, with user created rooms and high levels of avatar and room customisation. (Room creation requires the PC or Mac client).
- - IMVU is the most popular Web-based, Android, iPhone, iPad & Android Tablet alternative to Vicarious VR.
Overte is an open-source 3D client and server solution that allows for vast social & educational environments to be created and lived in while also being shared in real-time with others.
- - Overte is the most popular Self-Hosted alternative to Vicarious VR.
- - Overte is the most popular Open Source alternative to Vicarious VR.
Vircadia is an open-source 3D interface and server solution that allows for vast social & educational environments to be created and lived in while also being shared in real-time with others.
Activeworlds hosts a Universe of over 500 3D virtual reality worlds. In these worlds you can choose from a vast array of avatars that fit your personality (or your perceived personality - that's half the fun!).
In Facebook Horizon, not only can you explore the virtual world as it grows and changes, but you can discover all sorts of new things that interest and inspire you. Experience gravity defying, distance spanning, genre bending games of all types.
Meta Horizon World Features