As a social network infamous for its strict character limits on posts and feeds that update in real-time, Twitter has grown into one of the most ubiquitous social networks and websites on the entire Internet, used as a source for communication and news alike.
It’s easy to see why, considering its easy to use and understand user interface and availability on the most popular platforms. Its popularization of hashtags and trends make you feel like you're participating in a global conversation.
It's hard to match the platform availability that Twitter has, but it's been met with criticism on its policies in regard to what can and cannot be discussed. There are alternatives to Twitter that highlight free speech, as well as those that are decentralized in order to ensure impartiality and total user control.
- Bitnation provides the same services traditional governments provides, from dispute resolution and insurance to security and much more.
- Toko is a Social Network where users can speak freely.
- Create an account or log into e-Sathi.com. Connect with friends, family and other people you know. Share photos and videos, send messages and get updates.
- A free social network that doesn't sell the information of its users to advertisers.
It supports its users and doesn't ban or shadowban unless necessary.
- Connect all your social channels into one feed.
- Utternik is a new mobile app which is especially suitable for people who either have little time or find writing long, genuine reviews challenging. With Utternik's Value System, anyone can write pro reviews and opinions.
- Japanese Mastodon client with English translation.
- A blockchain powered social network for healing, balancing and evolving humanity. Community members can create groups, communicate and achieve goals while being rewarded in cryptocurrency tokens for their posts and comments.
- Viadeo is a professional social network used by over 40 million professionals in 226 countries worldwide.
- JumzleR is great for chatting, making friends, sharing interests, and even dating and it's free!