Turn Off the Lights
With a single click on the lamp button, the page will fade to dark. And automatically focus on the video. By clicking on it again, the page will return to normal. It wor...
- Free • Open Source
- Color Temperature Tool
- Chrome OS
- Windows S
- Android Tablet
- Microsoft Edge
- Vivaldi Browser
- Google Chrome
What is Turn Off the Lights?
Turn Off the Lights is a lightweight and useful add-in designed for a more comfortable watching experience. It works for all known video sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Hulu, Metacafe, YouKu, etc. Not only this but these extensions are compatible with Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Maxthon, Vivaldi, Brave, Naver Whale, and Yandex web browsers.
A few great features in this browser extension:
- Turn the lights back on, by clicking on it
- Support multiple video sites: YouTube, HTML5 video,... and more
- Customize your YouTube: Auto HD: Set videos to play in HD automatically. Users can select from highres > 8K > 5K> 4K > 1080p > 720p > 480p > 360p > 240p > 144p > default Auto Wide: Automatically plays the video on the widest mode ,... and more
- Easter Eggs: Shortcut key: T -> Do you like a real movie theater feeling?
- Option to make the screen dark when the user clicks on the play button
- Option to turn on/off the fade in and fade out effects
- Custom colors
- Option to Flash Detection
- Option to Show Dimness Level Bar
- Option Eye Protection for when it's night. And with whitelist/blacklist filter
- Option atmosphere lighting that shows a glow around the video player
- Option to show the dark layer on the top of the window
- Options to shortcut keys:
- Option Camera Motion
- Option Speech Recognition
- Option for Mouse Wheel Volume Control for each HTML5 video player
- Option to add a filter to the current HTML5 video player (grayscale, sepia, invert, contrast, saturate, hue rotation, and brightness)
- Option to show the Audio Visualization effect on top of the current HTML5 video (Blocks, Frequency, and Music Tunnel)
- Option to loop the current HTML5 video player
- Option to place the Night Mode switch to toggle YouTube? in black or white theme. And with whitelist/blacklist filter
- Option to stop YouTube and HTML5 videos from automatically playing.
- and more...
Turn Off the Lights Screenshots
Turn Off the Lights Features
Turn Off the Lights information
- Catalan; Valencian
- Norwegian Bokmål
- 4.06 avg rating
Comments and Reviews
Said about Turn Off the Lights as an alternative
This is the Best, Useful and Free Open Source browser extension!
- Google Chrome Extension
- Video Player
- Productivity Tool
- Screen Dimmer
- Firefox Extension
- Screenshot Capture
CategoriesOffice & Productivity • Web Browsers • Video & Movies • Photos & Graphics • OS & Utilities
List containing Turn Off the LightsDark Mode
Recent user activities on Turn Off the Lights
- POX added Turn Off the Lights as alternative(s) to Minimal YouTube
- POX added Turn Off the Lights as alternative(s) to Neo Noir
- xlin doesn't think Dark Reader is an alternative to Turn Off the LightsThese are not at all similar.
If it can not detect the video on that website. Try to enable the "Flash Detection" feature in the Turn Off the Lights Options page -> Advanced Options tab. And disable the other browser extensions you are using one by one except Turn Off the Lights. That must solve this problem.
If you need any help, don't hesitate to contact us on this support page: https://www.turnoffthelights.com/support
Reply written ago