The Best Open Source TrueCrypt AlternativesTop Disk Encryption Tools and other similar apps like TrueCrypt
VeraCrypt is a free and libre source (open source) disk encryption software brought to you by https://www.idrix.fr
Suggest and vote on features
- - VeraCrypt is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to TrueCrypt.
- - VeraCrypt is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to TrueCrypt.
Comments about VeraCrypt as a Alternative to TrueCryptAlmost everyone thinks VeraCrypt is a great TrueCrypt alternative.all • positive • negative relevance • date
TrueCrypt was discontinued in mysterious circumstances. The code was taken forward by VeraCrypt. It is open source and some security vulnerabilities have been fixed since the TrueCrypt days. It's a great app for creating encrypted containers or encrypting whole drives. Backwards compatible with TrueCrypt. Truly excellent software.9Guest
Open source fork of TrueCrypt. And most important - it's still developed, unlike TrueCrypt.5
An almost identical interface to TrueCrypt but added security that closes a security hole in TrueCrypt.1
It carries forward the classic TrueCrypt UI, which means that any TrueCrypt user can use it easily.1Guest
Most audited fork of Truecrypt0Show more comments ▾5 of 6 comments
Cryptomator provides transparent, client-side encryption for your cloud. Protect your documents from unauthorized access. Cryptomator is free and open source software, so you can rest assured there are no backdoors.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Cryptomator is the most popular Android, iPhone, iPad & Android Tablet alternative to TrueCrypt.
- Encrypted BackupCryptomator uses encryption algorithms to keep your files safe as well as prevent unauthorized access.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Cryptomator without registration.
- Privacy focusedCryptomator is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- PortableCryptomator can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Works OfflineCryptomator can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- End-to-End EncryptionCryptomator has E2E Encryption, for entire or parts of the app.
- Ad-freeCryptomator doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
Comments about Cryptomator as a Alternative to TrueCryptMost users think Cryptomator is a great TrueCrypt alternative.all • positive • negative relevance • date
Truecrypt is no more. Try the more updated and secure VeraCrypt. Both of those are for making an encrypted container into which files are placed. Cryptomator is different: it encrypts file-by-file (makes an encrypted version of each file). This enables you to sync/backup encrypted versions of your files to the cloud, which the TrueCrypt/VeraCrypt approach doesn't. Cryptomator thus fulfills a different need than does TC/VC.4Guest
There is more to say about thos software. But I want to mention one thing: Nowadays almost every one has file in the cloud they want to acces any time and any place with any device. With Cryptomator you can do this even with encrypted files. That is very practical if you want to have private documents like for instance your passport accessible everywhere.0
Its OpenSource and you have the complete control over it0Guest
Cryptomator is designed for cloud application.1Guest
Easy to use and trustworthy.0Show more comments ▾5 of 6 comments
Platform-independent password-based authenticated encryption of files & folders.Suggest and vote on features
File Lock PEA Features
- Encrypted BackupFile Lock PEA uses encryption algorithms to keep your files safe as well as prevent unauthorized access.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in File Lock PEA without registration.
- No TrackingFile Lock PEA will not track you or use your personal data.
- PortableFile Lock PEA can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Ad-freeFile Lock PEA doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Privacy focusedFile Lock PEA is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- AES-256 EncryptionFile Lock PEA has AES-256 Encryption, i.e. very strong security.
Comments about File Lock PEA as a Alternative to TrueCryptAlmost everyone thinks File Lock PEA is a great TrueCrypt alternative.Guest
is being further developed0
LUKS is the standard for Linux hard disk encryption. By providing a standard on-disk-format, it does not only facilitate compatibility among distributions, but also provides secure management of multiple user passwords.LUKS has no features, suggest some!
Comments about LUKS as a Alternative to TrueCryptAlmost everyone thinks LUKS is a great TrueCrypt alternative.Guest
no multi platform support0
Picocrypt is a very small (hence Pico), very simple, yet very secure encryption tool that you can use to protect your files. It's designed to be the go-to tool for encryption, with a focus on security, simplicity, and reliability.Suggest and vote on features
DroidFS is an alternative way to use encrypted overlay filesystems on Android that uses its own internal file explorer instead of mounting virtual volumes. It currently only works with gocryptfs but support for CryFS could be added in the future.Suggest and vote on features
- Privacy focusedDroidFS is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- Works OfflineDroidFS can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- No TrackingDroidFS will not track you or use your personal data.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in DroidFS without registration.
- Ad-freeDroidFS doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- End-to-End EncryptionDroidFS has E2E Encryption, for entire or parts of the app.
Tella is a mobile app designed to protect human rights defenders, advocates, and journalists by encrypting and hiding their sensitive data and safely uploading it to their organization's server.Suggest and vote on features
AES Crypt is an advanced file encryption utility that integrates with the Windows shell or runs from the Linux command prompt to provide a simple, yet powerful, tool for encrypting files using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).Suggest and vote on features
AES Crypt Features
Comments about AES Crypt as a Alternative to TrueCryptThis alternative is disputed. AES Crypt is still a legitimate TrueCrypt alternative, but it might have issues that some users think are important.Guest
AES Crypt is just an encryption program for a single file not for container or partitions like TrueCrypt.8
Welcome to ZenCrypt. With this app, you can safely encrypt files, using a secure and efficient library.Suggest and vote on features