What is PrivateBin?
Data is encrypted/decrypted in the browser using 256bit AES in Galois Counter mode.
This is a fork of ZeroBin, originally developed by Sébastien Sauvage. It was refactored to allow easier and cleaner extensions and has now much more features than the original. It is however still fully compatible to the original ZeroBin 0.19 data storage scheme. Therefore such installations can be upgraded to this fork without loosing any data.
What PrivateBin provides
As a server administrator you don't have to worry if your users post content that is considered illegal in your country. You have no knowledge of any of the pastes content. If requested or enforced, you can delete any paste from your system.
Pastebin-like system to store text documents, code samples, etc.
Encryption of data sent to server.
Possibility to set a password which is required to read the paste. It further protects a paste and prevents people stumbling upon your paste's link from being able to read it without the password.
Some features are optional and can be enabled or disabled in the configuration file:
- Password protection
- Discussions, anonymous or with nicknames and IP based identicons or vizhashes
- Expiration times, including a "forever" and "burn after reading" option
- Markdown format support for HTML formatted pastes, including preview function
- Syntax highlighting for source code using prettify.js, including 4 prettify themes
- File upload support, images get displayed (disabled by default, possibility to adjust size limit)
- Templates: By default there are bootstrap CSS, darkstrap and "classic ZeroBin" themes and it is easy to adapt these to your own websites layout or create your own.
- Translation system and automatic browser language detection (if enabled in browser)
- Language selection (disabled by default, as it uses a session cookie)
- 4,671 Stars
- 630 Forks
- 121 Open Issues