P4Merge uses color coding to allow users to visualize the differences between file or images. It allows three-way merging among files, and shows side-by-side file/image ...
- Free • Proprietary
- Diff Tool
- File Comparison Tool
- Merge File Tool
What is P4Merge?
The Perforce Merge Tool, P4Merge, provides graphical three-way merging and side-by-side file comparisons.
P4Merge allows users to visualize the differences between file versions. P4Merge uses color coding to simplify the process of resolving conflicts that result from parallel or concurrent development.
- Text files differences can be highlighted and edited
- Includes or ignores line ending or whitespace differences
- Supports Windows (CRLF), Mac (CR), and Unix (LF) line ending conventions
- Accepts command-line parameters and can be used from non-Perforce applications
- Displays line numbers when comparing and merging files
- Compare JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, and other file formats
- Extend using the Qt API
- Overlay images or display side-by-side
- Highlight differences on overlaid images
Comments and Reviews
- Diff Tool
CategoriesDevelopment • File Management • OS & Utilities
List containing P4Mergewindows
Recent user activities on P4Merge
- walles added P4Merge as alternative(s) to Riff
- MichaelMueller added P4Merge as alternative(s) to SemanticDiff
- sr00 added P4Merge as alternative(s) to Difftastic
This tool is 170MB (!)
Maybe that's because it does image diffing, but as a developer, I don't need that.
After unpacking it, it's still 10x slower than CompareIt at comparing 2 CSV files that only differ in the date format.