2D computer-aided design software aimed towards professional use with an open API and DWG support.
- Paid • Proprietary
- CAD Software
- 3D Modeler
What is nanoCAD?
nanoCAD is a pro-grade 2D CAD system with native DWG support and full customizability. It is totally free, for business, professional, or personal purposes. It is fast, lightweight, capable, and , unlike most free CAD programs, completely uncrippled. nanoCAD includes:
- Classic CAD interface. Any engineer could easily master nanoCAD since everything is in their right places: menu, button icons, panels, command line, and the commands theirselves are easily recognizable. This makes nanoCAD easy to migrate to since enterprise needs no time to retrain its engineers.
- Native *.dwg support. The world’s most popular file format for technical documentation - *.dwg – is the nanoCAD native file format. Project created using nanoCAD and saved as *.dwg file could be easily opened and edited in any CAD application supporting *.dwg which in turn makes nanoCAD perfect tool for project collaboration and sharing.
- Ultimate design tool. nanoCAD includes all necessary tools required for basic design and allows creating and editing 2D and 3D vector primitives, texts, tables, blocks, graphical technical documentation display and print settings using either a model or a sheet.
Open API and application development
nanoCAD has a traditional CAD application programming interface (API) that allows developing independent nanoCAD based applications and additional automation modules.
Comments and Reviews
- 3D Modeler
CategoryPhotos & Graphics
Recent user activities on nanoCAD
- pdf2cad added nanoCAD as alternative(s) to CADdirect 2023
- jonasnde added nanoCAD as alternative(s) to Digital Drylayout
- igiscad added nanoCAD as alternative(s) to IGiS CAD
If you want free version of AutoCAD, use nanoCAD 5 but its only for 2D drawing
Alternative app like AutoCad Ui.
As a former AutoCad user, I found that nanoCad has a lot of familiarity.