MythTV is a free, open source media center and digital video recorder (DVR) distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL. With its plugin architecture, MythTV can be transformed into a home media center suite, capable of managing your personal photo, video, and music collections, as well as keep you up to date with the weather, a ZoneMinder home security system, and much, much more.
* Watch and record analog and/or digital TV, including HDTV.
* Pause, skip, and rewind live TV shows.
* Completely automatic commercial detection/skipping, with manual correction via an intuitive cutlist editor.
* Intelligently schedules recordings to avoid conflicts.
* Parental controls to keep your kids out of the good shows.
* Watch and archive DVDs.
* Listen to your digital music collection.
* Schedule and administer many functions remotely via a web browser.
* Flexible client/server architecture allows multiple frontend client machines to access content served by one or more backend servers (although the most common installation consists of a single computer running both the client and server together).
* Many more...
... More Info »