The most popular alternative is VirtualBox, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to Multipass so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Multipass alternatives are QEMU (Free, Open Source), VMware Workstation Pro (Paid), VMware Workstation Player (Free Personal) and KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine) (Free, Open Source).
- VirtualBox is a powerful x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use.
- QEMU (short for "Quick EMUlator") is a free and open-source hosted hypervisor that performs hardware virtualization.
- VMware Workstation Pro is a commercial hypervisor that allows users to create and run virtual machines on one computer.
- VMware Workstation Player builds on the industry leading foundation of Workstation Pro, and delivers a streamlined user interface for creating and running operating systems and applications in a virtual machine.
- KVM (for Kernel-based Virtual Machine) is a full virtualization solution for Linux on x86 hardware containing virtualization extensions (Intel VT or AMD-V).
- Enterprise-class, open-source virtualization platform supporting container-based and full virtualization.
- The virt-manager application is a desktop user interface for managing virtual machines through libvirt.
- Parallels Desktop gives Mac users the ability to run Windows, Linux or any other operating system and their critical applications at the same time as Mac OS X on any Intel-powered...
- Xen.org, home of the Xen hypervisor, the powerful open source industry standard for virtualization.
- VMware vSphere Hypervisor ( based on ESXi ) is a free bare-metal hypervisor that virtualizes servers so you can consolidate your applications on less hardware.