The most popular alternative is Everything, which is free. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 24 alternatives to mlocate so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting mlocate alternatives are Keypirinha (Free), DocFetcher (Free, Open Source), FSearch (Free, Open Source) and RecentX (Paid).
- File and folder lookup tool that searches across local, removable, and network mapped drives.
- A lightning fast and flexible keystroke launcher for Windows. No installation required (portable). Extensible with Python3 plugins.
- DocFetcher is a portable German/English open source desktop search application. It allows you search the contents of documents on your computer. - You can think of it as Google for your local document repository.
- FSearch is a fast file search utility for GNU/Linux operating systems, inspired by Everything Search Engine. It's written in C and based on GTK+3.
- RecentX is an innovative launcher that gives you instant access to your files, folders, programs, websites & clipboard history. It automatically remembers your favorite & recent items so that you can launch them even faster.
- SwiftSearch is a lightweight program whose purpose is to help you quickly find the files you need on your Windows machine without ever requiring you to index your drives.
- This tool enables users to search their NTFS formatted harddrives within seconds. It uses the MFT (master file table) of NTFS to search for files very fast.
- Instant file search, showing results as you type.
- A simple, fast and user-friendly alternative to 'find'.
- CSearcher is a simple and fast free non-indexing search program.