MegaIRC AlternativesIRC Clients and other similar apps like MegaIRC
Thunderbird is a free, open source, cross-platform e-mail, news and instant messaging client. The project strategy is modeled after Mozilla Firefox.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Thunderbird is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to MegaIRC.
- - Thunderbird is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to MegaIRC.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsThunderbird can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Multiple Account supportThunderbird support multiple accounts without the need to logout and login
- Calendar IntegrationThunderbird lets you sync your tasks and events with your calendar application.
- Email OrganizerThunderbird allows you to take control of your inbox by filtering and control tools.
- Dark ModeThunderbird supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- OpenPGPThunderbird supports OpenPGP, a standard of PGP encryption that is open-source for public use.
- PortableThunderbird can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- GPG EncryptionThunderbird supports GPG (aka GnuPG) for encryption of things like emails, messages, files, etc.
- Ad-freeThunderbird doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
Web-browser, advanced e-mail, newsgroup and feed client, IRC chat, and HTML editing in one application. Itis built on the open source Mozilla Gecko engine, the same code which underlies Thunderbird and is the base for the Firefox browser.Suggest and vote on features
- WYSIWYG SupportSeaMonkey integrates a WYSIWYG editor to edit the look and content of a document, page, or file.
- LightweightSeaMonkey consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Privacy focusedSeaMonkey is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- PortableSeaMonkey can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsSeaMonkey can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Ad-freeSeaMonkey doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
HexChat is an IRC client based on XChat for Linux , but unlike XChat it’s completely free for both Windows and Unix-like systems.Suggest and vote on features
The version 2.16.2 is the final version of the software. The author announced that "The project has largely been unmaintained for years now and nobody else stepped up to do that work."
XChat is an IRC chat program for both Linux and Windows. It allows you to join multiple IRC channels (chat rooms) at the same time, talk publicly, private one-on-one conversations etc. Even file transfers are possible.Suggest and vote on features
XChat for Linux FeaturesDiscontinued
The program is no longer updated. Last version, 2.8.8, released in May 2010, can be still downloaded from the official website.
WeeChat is a free chat client, fast and light, designed for many operating systems. It is highly customizable and extensible with scripts.Suggest and vote on features
- Command line interfaceWeeChat either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsWeeChat can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Support for ThemesYou can use themes and templates to change the look and feel of WeeChat.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in WeeChat without registration.
- DecentralizedWeeChat is based on a decentralized infrastructure with no single entity controlling it.
- Support for @mentionsWeeChat supports the use of mentions through @ to a particular user, who will be notified personally.
- LightweightWeeChat consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- No TrackingWeeChat will not track you or use your personal data.
- Ad-freeWeeChat doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
mIRC is a popular Internet Relay Chat client used by millions of people, and thousands of organizations, to communicate, share, play and work with each other on IRC networks around the world. Serving the Internet community for over a decade, mIRC has evolved into a powerful...
- - mIRC is the most popular commercial alternative to MegaIRC.
Quassel IRC is a modern, cross-platform, distributed IRC client based on the Qt5 framework. Distributed means that one (or multiple) client(s) can attach to and detach from a central core that stays permanently online -- much like the popular combination of screen and a...
KVIrc is a free portable IRC client based on the excellent Qt GUI toolkit. KVirc is being written by Szymon Stefanek and the KVIrc Development Team with the contribution of many IRC addicted developers around the world.Suggest and vote on features
Chat everywhere! IM+ is the most widely used mobile IM app! Connect all-in-one to MSN, Yahoo!, Google Talk, AIM, Jabber, ICQ, Facebook, MySpace and Twitter on ALL popular mobile platforms.
The widest selection of unique features that you won't find in any other IM client!.
Suggest and vote on features
- - IM+ is the most popular Web-based, Android, iPhone, iPad & Android Tablet alternative to MegaIRC.
A hand-crafted IRC client that you can enjoy. Designed to be used easily and freely. More friendly than other webirc clients giving the general public an easy option to connect to any IRC network.
- - Kiwi IRC is the most popular Self-Hosted alternative to MegaIRC.
c#/csharp IRC CLient. AdiIRC stores all its settings in text files, this way you can grab the adiirc folder and put in on a usb device or external harddrive. Take all your settings and servers with you everywhere!Suggest and vote on features