LibreOffice Alternatives for Linux
ONLYOFFICE is an open-source online collaborative office combining editors for documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and forms. It is compatible with all popular formats and features maximum support for MS Office files.
Suggest and vote on features
- - ONLYOFFICE is the most popular Web-based, Windows, Android & Mac alternative to LibreOffice.
- - ONLYOFFICE is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to LibreOffice.
- Works OfflineONLYOFFICE can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Real time collaborationMultiple users can work together in ONLYOFFICE simultaneously.
- PortableONLYOFFICE can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- End-to-End EncryptionONLYOFFICE has E2E Encryption, for entire or parts of the app.
- Dark ModeONLYOFFICE supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Spell CheckingONLYOFFICE can detect and correct all types of grammar and spelling mistakes.
- Ad-freeONLYOFFICE doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Privacy focusedONLYOFFICE is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
Comments about ONLYOFFICE as a Alternative to LibreOfficeAlmost everyone thinks ONLYOFFICE is a great LibreOffice alternative.all • positive • negative relevance • date
ONLYOFFICE is less functional than Libre Office, but it is open source and has the following advantage I find useful: It opens all Microsoft Office .doc and .docx files with better fidelity than Libre Office does. Especially those with embedded vector graphics, which Libre sometimes screws up. The functionality is more like Google docs or something (e.g. no plugins, etc.). But it's good to have around.19Guest
The user experience is a lot more smoother than with LibrOffice, which desperatly needs a user interface overhaul. It looks a lot like Microsoft Office presentation, which threw me off at first, but is so much more understandable and enjoyable in the long-run!3
Onlyoffice is realy promising and amazing piece of software. However, I find it to work really bad in (poor) machines with less RAM (4gb or less). Optimization is way worse than what a software with maturity as LibreOffice can get. Also, like what other people said here, LibreOffice have more features at all, it's a more mature and reliable project.0
OnlyOffice have better compability for MS Office documents.1
ONLYOFFICE is the best alternative to LibreOffice and although it has less features, it is much faster and "snappier" for me. It starts faster and you can use emoticons. The menus not only look better, but are also more intuitive and much faster to use. It uses much less processing power than LibreOffice. These are some of the reasons that make ONLYOFFICE the better alternative to LibreOffice (in my opinion).2Show more comments ▾5 of 9 comments
WPS Office is a free, lightweight, feature-rich comprehensive office suite with high compatibility. Capable of handling texts in Writer, Presentation, Spreadsheet, and PDF files.Suggest and vote on features
WPS Office Features
- Spell CheckingWPS Office can detect and correct all types of grammar and spelling mistakes.
- Ad-freeWPS Office doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Sign PDF filesWPS Office support signing a PDF document digitally on a touch screen etc.
- PDF compressionWPS Office can reduce the size of your PDF without losing quality
- Works OfflineWPS Office can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Split PDF filesWPS Office can split PDF files into multiple documents.
- Combine PDFCombine, merge and arrange PDF files into one document.
- OCRExtract the text from a screen capture or file and paste it into another document for edits.
- Cloud SyncSync your data (notes, documents, bookmarks, etc.) across your different devices and to the cloud.
Comments about WPS Office as a Alternative to LibreOfficeMost users think WPS Office is a great LibreOffice alternative.all • positive • negative relevance • date
I think WPS Office is the best among similar MS Office, the interface is the most similar to Microsoft, and compared with LibreOffice, it is obviously more stable and does not crash. I've been using it for 3 years and its free documentation doesn't require payment or registration. The most important thing is that it has the function of pdf, which other software does not have, though its pdf function needs to be paid for, overall, it provides me with a lot of conveniences1
good ms office alternative but free version has limits.7
WPS has the following drawbacks: 1) The 'free' version doesn't let you print freely (ie without a watermark, if at all), 2) Unlike Libre Office, it doesn't integrate with many popular plugins, e.g. Zotero or Mendeley. 3) It's not open source and therefore, in contrast to what another comment here claims, you don't know what the code is doing, and you don't know if it's spying on you or not.25
Worst point about WPS is that it 2019 version has a forced Chinese regional standards (decimal and thousand separator). WPS 2016 used to respect regional standards in latter versions, so as 2019 in very early versions. But since few years separators are now hardcoded.0
The reason why editing is not allowed in the free version is that the new version must be logged in, and editing can be done after logging in. This is very annoying.0Show more comments ▾5 of 7 comments
SoftMaker Office for Windows, Mac, Linux and Android – the fast, powerful and compatible office suite.Suggest and vote on features
SoftMaker FreeOffice Features
- Dark ModeSoftMaker FreeOffice supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- LightweightSoftMaker FreeOffice consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Spell CheckingSoftMaker FreeOffice can detect and correct all types of grammar and spelling mistakes.
- PortableSoftMaker FreeOffice can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
Comments about SoftMaker FreeOffice as a Alternative to LibreOfficeAlmost everyone thinks SoftMaker FreeOffice is a great LibreOffice alternative.
High compatibility, small files, platform compatibility, stability, speed, low demand on resources.0Guest
Pretty similar to MS Office (uses the ribbon interface), very complete and powerful suite.4
Easily the easist, fastest & best designed Office alternative, though it may lack some advanced functionality (I wouldn't know, as I primarily use it for standard, basic office suite use)0
Apache OpenOffice is a leading open-source office suite that offers free applications for word processing, spreadsheet, presentations, graphics, databases and more. All data is stored in an open standard format, though Open Office can also read and write files from other common...Suggest and vote on features
Apache OpenOffice FeaturesDiscontinued
Last major release was in 2014
Comments about Apache OpenOffice as a Alternative to LibreOfficeMost users think Apache OpenOffice is a great LibreOffice alternative.
OpenOffice seems to be end-of-life. It doesn't receive as many code contributions as LibreOffice and has fewer features. LibreOffice is a successor to this project and is probably better for most users.7
Lightweight and stability.-4Guest
Actually, (Apache) OpenOffice was before LibreOffice. The macro's of LibreOffice run smoothly in OpenOffice, and even more fluently with less flickering on radeon graphic adaptors.-5
its a good alternative to ms office and libre office.-8
Calligra Suite is an office and graphic art suite by KDE. It is available for desktop PCs, tablet computers, and smartphones. It contains applications for word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, vector graphics, and editing databases.Suggest and vote on features
Calligra Suite Features
Opinions about Calligra Suite as a Alternative to LibreOfficeAlmost everyone thinks Calligra Suite is a great LibreOffice alternative.
The enterprise-ready edition of LibreOffice provides you the powerful on-premise office suites, that enable you to access documents, author new content and work collaboratively. For Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS and Chrome OS.Suggest and vote on features
Collabora Office Features
Comments about Collabora Office as a Alternative to LibreOfficeAlmost everyone thinks Collabora Office is a great LibreOffice alternative.Guest
So far the best experience using ODF formats with collabora office1
Nino is the modular workspace for professionals. It is a collection of software that can interoperate with each other on the block-level from one uniform interface.Suggest and vote on features