What is Latexila?
LaTeXila is an Integrated LaTeX Environment for the GNOME Desktop, written in Vala and covered by the GPL 3 license. Here is a summary of the functionalities:
- Build Tools: customizable buttons to compile, convert and view a document in one click.
- Latexmk is used by default, but Rubber and the "low-level" commands such as 'pdflatex', 'dvipdf' and 'bibtex' can also be used.
- LaTeX commands completion
- Document structure: a list of chapters, sections, figures, etc. to easily navigate in a document
- Symbol tables (Greek letters, arrows, etc)
- Template managing: a few default templates, creating personal templates, etc
- Easy projects management
- Some menus and toolbars with the principal LaTeX commands
- File browser integrated
- All common things found in a text editor…