What is Kile?
Kile is a user-friendly TeX/LaTeX editor by KDE. Kile gives you the ability to use all the functionality of LaTeX in a graphical interface and has interactive preview mechanisms to readily see the results of editing.
- Compile, convert and view your document with one click
- Auto-completion of (La)TeX commands
- Templates and wizards make starting new documents very little work
- Easy insertion of many standard tags and symbols and the option to define (an arbitrary number of) user defined tags
- Inverse and forward search: click in the DVI viewer and jump to the corresponding LaTeX line in the editor, or jump from the editor to the corresponding page in the viewer
- Finding chapter or sections is very easy, Kile constructs a list of all the chapter etc. in your document. You can use the list to jump to the corresponding section
- Collect documents that belong together into a project
- Easy insertion of citations and references when using projects
- Flexible and smart build system to compile your LaTeX documents
- QuickPreview: preview a selected part of your document
- Easy access to various help sources
- Advanced editing commands
Comments and Reviews
Said about Kile as an alternative
Live preview that allow to check the result whilel writing the .tex. Suggestion for LaTeX code. Lot of graphic interface for quick change of compiler and inserting TeX code. Update more frequently than other applications I tried.
Quite similar to TeXstudio, but the previews are quicker, they can update more or less as you type after X seconds (if you configure it to do so).