GitHub is a web-based hosting service for projects that use the Git revision control system. It is written in Ruby on Rails by Logical Awesome developers Chris Wanstrath, PJ Hyett, and Tom Preston-Werner.
Suggest and vote on features
- - GitHub is the most popular Web-based, Windows, Android & Mac alternative to Git@OSC.
- - GitHub is the most popular free alternative to Git@OSC.
- File VersioningGitHub has a version system that lets you view and go back to older versions of the project/file/document.
- Git SupportGitHub supports Git, a free and open source distributed version control system.
- Two-factor AuthenticationGitHub supports two-factor authentication (2FA).
- Dark ModeGitHub supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- IFTTT IntegrationYou can connect different services to automatically trigger actions within GitHub using IFTTT.
- Support for MarkDownGitHub supports MarkDown for document formatting.
- Ad-freeGitHub doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- FIDO U2F (2FA) supportGitHub supports FIDO U2F / passwordless / multi-factor authentication.
GitLab is a on-premise or hosted Git repository management tool. It also includes code reviews, issue tracking, wikis, and continuous integration.
Suggest and vote on features
- - GitLab is the most popular Linux & Self-Hosted alternative to Git@OSC.
- - GitLab is the most popular Open Source alternative to Git@OSC.
- Kanban BoardGitLab allows you to organize your workflow by moving cards with drag-and-drop functionality between multiple columns.
- Git SupportGitLab supports Git, a free and open source distributed version control system.
- File VersioningGitLab has a version system that lets you view and go back to older versions of the project/file/document.
Code collaboration version control. Offers hosted (freemium) for limited (5) users, and a commercial self-hosted for a subscription. Free licenses are available for qualified open source projects, nonprofits, and classrooms.Suggest and vote on features
- Suggest and vote on features
Gitea (Git with a cup of tea) is a painless self-hosted Git service written in GoSuggest and vote on features
Git Disroot Features
- Real time collaborationMultiple users can work together in Git Disroot simultaneously.
- File VersioningGit Disroot has a version system that lets you view and go back to older versions of the project/file/document.
- Dark ModeGit Disroot supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Git SupportGit Disroot supports Git, a free and open source distributed version control system.
Radicle is a developer stack and peer-to-peer network for creating open source software together.Suggest and vote on features
GNU Savannah is a project of the Free Software Foundation, which serves as a collaborative software development management system for free Software projects.Suggest and vote on features
GNU Savannah Features
GitHuman is a decentralized alternative to GitHub and GitLab (Git sharing for everyone without any discrimination or restriction). It's built with IPFS and IPLD. It works without a centralised server.Suggest and vote on features
An on-premise device that combines the best of hosted options and on-premise solutions for source code collaboration and security. Enables storing code securely (encrypted) on LAN and automatic backups (encrypted) to DropBox.
gitstorage has no features, suggest some!
- - gitstorage is the most popular commercial alternative to Git@OSC.