What is DiskGenius?
DiskGenius, previously PartitionGuru, is full-featured partition manager, which is designed to optimize disk usage for Windows users.
Feature: #- Data and Partitions Recovery. #- Manage Hard Drive:
- Resize / Split Partition.
- One-click partition a hard drive.
- Complete Wipe Partition.
- Create / Format Partition (It supports NTFS, exFAT, FAT32, FAT16, FAT12, EXT2, EXT3 and EXT4 file systems.)
- Create WinPE Bootable Disk. #- Disk or Partition Conversion:
- Convert MBR/GPT Disk.
- Convert Dynamic/Basic Disk.
- Convert Primary/Logical Drive.
- Convert Virtual Disk Format like VMware ".VMDK", Virtual PC ".VHD" and Virtual Box ".VDI".
- Convert USB disk to FDD or ZIP mode so as to build bootable DOS system). #- Disk or Partition Clone Wizard. #- Back up system partition and other system related partitions, including system files, boot files, settings, applications, etc. #- UEFI Compatibility. #- Disk Utilities: (Check & Repair Bad Sectors, View S.M.A.R.T. Information, Permanently Delete Files, Erase Free Space, Hex Editor, Check 4K Alignment, Format USB Drive In Batch, Rebuild MBR, Check Partition Table Error,Support LVM).
Comments and Reviews
Recent user activities on DiskGenius
- reviewed DiskGeniusMy old hard drive was dying so I needed to make a copy. Generally, I have found it easy to clone an entire drive, and I still consider that the better way. I accidentally bought a new drive that was sized for the partition vs the entire drive. So I attempted to copy just the Operating System Partition. I had to do the Operating System Migration twice because Windows reverted the old drive back to being the Boot Drive. I tried to fix things, but I had to redo the lengthy process Lesson: Grab the old drive out before restarting! Disk Genius should give some warning about this, but I'm still grateful. You will want to be sure all your files carry over. I notice that my other User Profiles don't work and I need to check for files that I left on the Desktop of the the other Users. Be sure to check you get all your files too.. I needed to check that I got all my files over ..particularly in Downloads and other Users.. I found the best way to check was to get the properties popups on the new folders and compare them with the old.
- liked DiskGenius
- Upvoted a comment on DiskGeniusIt's the only software that offers a migrate OS to SSD feature for free as of today.