Open Source DameWare AlternativesRemote Desktop Tools and other similar apps like DameWare
TightVNC is a free remote desktop application. With TightVNC, you can see the desktop of a remote machine and control it with your local mouse and keyboard, just like you would do it sitting in the front of that computer.
Suggest and vote on features
- - TightVNC is the most popular Open Source alternative to DameWare.
- LightweightTightVNC consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in TightVNC without registration.
- Works OfflineTightVNC can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- PortableTightVNC can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Screen SharingYou can use TightVNC to share your screen with your colleages or friends.
- Desktop SharingTightVNC enables you to share your screen with other people in the same office or working remotely.
- Two-factor AuthenticationTightVNC supports two-factor authentication (2FA).
UltraVNC is easy to use and free software that can display the screen of another computer (via the Internet or a local network) on your own screen. The program allows you to use your mouse and keyboard to control the other computer remotely.Suggest and vote on features
xrdp provides a graphical login to remote machines using Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). xrdp accepts connections from a variety of RDP clients:Suggest and vote on features
A VNC/SSH Client for the GNOME Desktop
- You can connect to several machines at the same time with tabs
- You can keep track of your most used connections with favorites
- You can keep track of your recently used connections through GtkRecent
- You can browse your network f.
Dayon! is a user friendly, open-source, cross-platform solution, that allows controlling of remote computers. It can be used as free alternative to various commercial remote desktop and remote assistance products.Suggest and vote on features
FreeRDP is a free implementation of the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), released under the Apache license. Enjoy the freedom of using your software wherever you want, the way you want it, in a world where interoperability can finally liberate your computing experience.Suggest and vote on features
rdesktop is an open source client for Windows Terminal Services, capable of natively speaking Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) in order to present the users Windows desktop. Supported servers include Windows 2000 Server, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows XP, Windows...rdesktop has no features, suggest some!Discontinued
In November of 2019, Pierre Ossman of Cendio AB announced that his company will no longer be maintaining this project. They are currently seeking maintainers.
Screensy is a simple peer-to-peer screen sharing solution.Suggest and vote on features
Connections allows you to connect to and use other desktops. This can be a great way to access content or software on a different desktop operating system. It can also be used as a way to provide support to users who might need help.