Fast and small cross-platform eBook reader for desktops and handheld devices
- Free • Open Source
- Ebook Reader
- Ebook Library
- Android Tablet
What is Cool Reader ?
Cool Reader is fast and small cross-platform XML/CSS based eBook reader for desktops and handheld devices. Understands a number of text document formats, suppurt OPDS (in new ui-opengl version). Fully customizable palette, text reformatting with any font size, font antialiasing, extra smooth scrolling and a lot of other features turn reading into a pleasure. Read Aloud function saves your eyes.
- Read electronic books in FB2, TXT, RTF, DOC, TCR, HTML, EPUB, CHM, PDB, MOBI formats
- Stylesheet support
- A lot of customizations for better reading performance
Android version features:
- selection of the file to open the file via the built browser or from an external file manager
- support online catalogs of books (OPDS)
- a list of recently opened files
- change the font to use custom fonts, font size, fat content, inversion
- font smoothing
- support for external files CSS (Cool reader WiKi CSS)
- flipping book joystick / touch screen / volume keys
- jump to a page by number and percentage
- contents of a book
- search Text
- page turning animation (as in paper book or shift)
- book covers in the list of books
- Rotate the image sensor
- separate menu button menu in the list of books
- texture background page
- custom actions on tap-zones
- configurable action buttons
- the ability to lock the touch screen and trackball
- autorepeat paging
- Support for installation on SD 2.2
- following a link - long press, return - through the menu or on the designated button or tap zone action
- Entering text selection - through the menu (you can also assign a button or tap-zone)
- Optional text selection - double-tapa
- highlighted text is copied to the clipboard
- search for words in a dictionary - Fora Dictionary or ColorDict
- Adjusting the brightness slide along the left edge of the screen
- Sorting books in the browser files by name, author, title, file
Win32, Linux, Android. Ported on some eInk based devices-
Cool Reader Screenshots
Cool Reader Features
Cool Reader information
Comments and Reviews
- Ebook Reader
- Ebook Library
CategoryNews & Books
Lists containing Cool ReaderCore, Development & Services • Epub and Comic Readers/Editors
Recent user activities on Cool Reader
- raguilerar8980 added
- RemovedUser liked Cool ReaderRe
- POX added Cool Reader as alternative(s) to Reasily
it's not discontinued! Last Update: 2017-03-06
the best program for readin on my laptop, not perfect but the best...
????????, ??? "CoolReader is fast and small cross-platform XML/CSS based eBook reader for desktops and handheld devices. Supported formats: FB2, TXT, RTF, DOC, TCR, HTML, EPUB, CHM, PDB, MOBI. Platforms: Win32, Linux, Android. Ported on some eInk based devices. Read electronic books in FB2, TXT, RTF, DOC, TCR, HTML, EPUB, CHM, PDB, MOBI formats (...) This is a program to read electronic books in a number of formats: EPUB, FB2, RTF, TXT, HTML, CHM, PDB, MOBI, TCR". ?? ????? ?? ???? ?? ???????? FB2, DJVU ? PDF. ?? ??????? ????, ?????? 3.3.48 ? 3.3.61 ?? 01.07.2015 9:23 (???????? ??????????????? ????????? ?? ??????????? ???? ??????????).
It is not discontinued: there is a sign of life as 2018 A.D. There is a new release, but only APK version.
Best app for Android to read .txt files!
I agree, this software is not perfect, but it's one of the best readers out there for EPUB/MOBI filetypes. It's a bit slow in opening files, resizing windows, etc. but once it does that, browsing through pages is a breeze. Add to that the customizability of the look for the fonts that works so beautifully.
Suggestion: The table of contents doesn't work/appear. The makers need to have their own website instead of just relying on sourceforge.
maybe you used a cr from new ui interface - sometimes it retarding in the new ui, you can try to run a cr3 or old coolreader2 desctop version - they works fine
Reply written ago
Seems to be the one and only program suited for reading fb2 books in the proper way.