The most popular alternative is Mozilla Firefox, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 100 alternatives to Chromium so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Chromium alternatives are Google Chrome (Free), Brave (Free, Open Source), Vivaldi (Free) and Opera (Free).
- Min is a fast, minimal browser that protects your privacy. It includes an interface designed to minimize distractions, and features such as:
- An actively developped, keyboard-focused browser with a minimal GUI, inspired by other browsers/addons like dwb and Vimperator/Pentadactyl. It’s based on Python, PyQt5 and QtWebKit and free software, licensed under the GPL.
- GNOME Web is the web browser for the GNOME desktop, based on the popular WebKit engine.
- The Dissenter web browser is built for The People, not advertisers. Block Big Tech ads and trackers by default. Discover a comment section on every URL online. Welcome to the free speech internet.
- SRWare Iron, or simply Iron, is a fork of the free and open-source web browser...
- Browser using the Gecko layout engine to render web pages, which implements current and anticipated web standards.
- K-Meleon is an extremely fast, customizable, lightweight web browser based on the Gecko layout engine developed by Mozilla which is also used by Firefox.
- Slimjet is a fast, smart and powerful web browser based on the Blink engine. It is built on top of the Chromium open source project, on which Google chrome is also based.
- Basilisk is a free and Open Source XUL-based web browser, featuring the well-known Firefox-style interface and operation.